Need your experince (diet,workout and more...)

Options
OMG guys. . . I come again. . . go again . . this is life ..
the thing is am 22
164 cm
58 KG
and I hate Cellulite in the back area as much as I hate war :'(
as for my counting calories I entered a depressing experience and stopped but did not eat much calories like "two pieces of cakes a day, so much junk" no it was only homemade food.
I started 'Kaylia Itsines's Biki Body Guide and completed 2 and half weeks of pre-training and stopped for asthma then am OK now, I don't want to come back it is so intense!!!! like hell and I don't have all the needed equipments. and the place I do workouts in is so close.
our diet is all homemade food made from scratch I drink I full-fat cup milk in the morning with cake and cookies everyday.. then I hade a small breakfast (like a brunch) after 3 hours
then after 4 hours we have lunch generally like rice with cooked chicken. Pizza ... etc and all is homemade.. snacks are sometimes fruits or toasts.
I want to find PLEASE if something is wrong.. I want the truth
I need to move . . to have firm, fit and strong body
I want to go and run but time is limited cause I live in a place which is not save that much. so do running in a small area help? and should it be jogging/sprinting/ or running?
last.. I need a full workout plan that I could keep and which is not as crazy as Kayla's and could make me have abs! lean legs and get the hell of cellulite out.
Please anyone could please
I love you all my Fitness Pals :D:D:D<3<3<3<3

Replies

• SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We can't help guide you without knowing how many calories you are consuming in a day. Even if you think you don't eat much in calories you cannot know unless you are tracking. Cake and cookies can have a lot of calories, home made or not.

The only way to lose weight is to be at a calorie deficit...how you choose to be at that deficit is up to you (whether it is through diet or exercise or both) and what foods you choose to eat is completely up to you and what you prefer so long as you are at a calorie deficit (eating less calories than your body burns)

No particular work out is going to give you abs if you have a high body fat percentage. The only way to lower your body fat percentage is to lose fat and to gain muscle.

You also cannot spot reduce fat no matter what exercise you do, like abs don't make you lose stomach fat. It's a myth not backed up by science, and many studies have shown no correlation between workouts in one area and specific weight loss in the same area.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    We can't help guide you without knowing how many calories you are consuming in a day. Even if you think you don't eat much in calories you cannot know unless you are tracking. Cake and cookies can have a lot of calories, home made or not.

The only way to lose weight is to be at a calorie deficit...how you choose to be at that deficit is up to you (whether it is through diet or exercise or both) and what foods you choose to eat is completely up to you and what you prefer so long as you are at a calorie deficit (eating less calories than your body burns)

No particular work out is going to give you abs if you have a high body fat percentage. The only way to lower your body fat percentage is to lose fat and to gain muscle.

You also cannot spot reduce fat no matter what exercise you do, like abs don't make you lose stomach fat. It's a myth not backed up by science, and many studies have shown no correlation between workouts in one area and specific weight loss in the same area.

Well, I don't know If I should set my goals here or in other site! cause I haven't found a workout schedule :(
  • SophieSmall95
    edited August 2016
    Options

Well, I don't know If I should set my goals here or in other site! cause I haven't found a workout schedule :(

The good thing about this site is it sets you calorie goal without exercise, so you can add on exercise calories as the days go (if they're not all the same) and you can then eat back some of those calories back if you choose.

For example (and this might not be the right amount for you). If MFP set your calorie goal to 1500 calories day without exercise to lose 1lb per week, and you then burnt 500 calories one day. You could eat up to 2000 calories that day and still be on track to lose weight. Or you could eat 1750 or whatever you choose under 2000.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

The good thing about this site is it sets you calorie goal without exercise, so you can add on exercise calories as the days go (if they're not all the same) and you can then eat back some of those calories back if you choose.

For example (and this might not be the right amount for you). If MFP set your calorie goal to 1500 calories day without exercise to lose 1lb per week, and you then burnt 500 calories one day. You could eat up to 2000 calories that day and still be on track to lose weight. Or you could eat 1750 or whatever you choose under 2000.

MFP set me 1300 cals so I will try
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    All I can tell you is what has worked for me. CUT OUT THE SUGAR AND EXCESS CARBS. That's primary. After that, get some exercise 3 - 5 times a week. Start with walking, and focus on walking farther. Then start working in some jogging and then focus on longer jogs. Then start doing some strength training.

Nobody can really give you a plan to follow, you have to find what works for you. A Keto diet isn't the best option for everyone (so they say) but it has worked wonders for my family and myself. If you want to learn more, I would recommend picking up a copy of the Atkins diet book and give it a read through.

Lastly, don't set time tables. You can do everything perfect and you still can plateau your weight for weeks. Don't give up, the weight will come off. Once you get your weight where you like it, don't ignore the scale (that has always been my problem). You can put on a lot of pounds before you realize that your clothes don't fit any more.

Good luck. It's not easy, but it's worth it.
  • SophieSmall95
    edited August 2016
    Options

MFP set me 1300 cals so I will try

Was that to lose 1 or 2lbs per week? If it is setting it to 1300 a day it may be too aggressive of a weight loss plan for you and you may struggle to stay on track. If you manage fine that's okay, but be sure to eat back at least some of your exercise calories if you're eating that much a day.

Also when tracking calories weigh your food. The biggest mistake people make is guessing their portion sizes and then wondering why they don't lose weight. Using cups as a measurement is not good enough for a lot of things such as nuts as it is inaccurate. So weight, it barely takes 5 seconds. Also be sure to double check which entries you are choosing, some are not accurate at all. If unsure, better to choose the higher calorie option when trying to lose weight.

Don't forget to log cooking oils and sauces, many people forget but they can pile on the calories. Once you get the hang of it it's really not hard at all and becomes second nature.

Good luck.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You don't need to workout to lose weight, you just need to count calories to ensure that you're eating less than you're burning every day. Exercise for fitness, watch food intake for weight loss. Start logging everything you eat, homemade or not. Guess high if you aren't sure.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have tried the calorie restriction diet many times and it has always failed for me. My body goes into starvation mode VERY easily, and then it doesnt matter how little I eat, my weight doesn't move. I actually started counting calories a few months ago after hitting a 3 week plateau and found that I wasn't eating enough. I was only eating about 1200-1300 calories a day. I upped it to 2000 the next day and began losing weight again.

You can not starve yourself thin without doing serious damage. Eat sensible, exercise sensible.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You're a healthy BMI already, the issue here could be as simple as starting strength training. Just losing weight will make you a smaller version of what you already are and potentially an underweight one at that.

Starvation mode as described above isn't a thing.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    You don't need to workout to lose weight, you just need to count calories to ensure that you're eating less than you're burning every day. Exercise for fitness, watch food intake for weight loss. Start logging everything you eat, homemade or not. Guess high if you aren't sure.

This.

And there is absolutely no need to cut out carbs and sugar for weight loss. None. If you eat less calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight, you will lose weight. It's proven science, yo. Also, exercise isn't mandatory for weight loss. Many lose weight without doing much exercise.

Calorie counting works if you use a food scale to weigh all your food.

And....starvation mode (body holding on to fat when one consumes very little calories) is not a thing. Starvation mode as it's known is a proven myth.
  • SophieSmall95
    Options
    You're a healthy BMI already, the issue here could be as simple as starting strength training. Just losing weight will make you a smaller version of what you already are and potentially an underweight one at that.

I must be going blind, I didn't even see her stats :')
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Quoted to emphasize the awesome I gave it.

OP, you need to take a deep breathe. You are already at a healthy weight, so any changes will be slow, you just need to accept that. Also keep in mind that cellulite is genetic and WAY more common than you would think from photo-shopped pictures on websites. Your best bet is to build some muscle underneath the area.

If you don't have access to equipment, try doing a body weight workout like Nerd Fitness, Convict Conditioning, or Be Your Own Gym.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    OMG guys. . . I come again. . . go again . . this is life ..
    the thing is am 22
    164 cm
    58 KG
    and I hate Cellulite in the back area as much as I hate war :'(
    as for my counting calories I entered a depressing experience and stopped but did not eat much calories like "two pieces of cakes a day, so much junk" no it was only homemade food.
    I started 'Kaylia Itsines's Biki Body Guide and completed 2 and half weeks of pre-training and stopped for asthma then am OK now, I don't want to come back it is so intense!!!! like hell and I don't have all the needed equipments. and the place I do workouts in is so close.
    our diet is all homemade food made from scratch I drink I full-fat cup milk in the morning with cake and cookies everyday.. then I hade a small breakfast (like a brunch) after 3 hours
    then after 4 hours we have lunch generally like rice with cooked chicken. Pizza ... etc and all is homemade.. snacks are sometimes fruits or toasts.
    I want to find PLEASE if something is wrong.. I want the truth
    I need to move . . to have firm, fit and strong body
    I want to go and run but time is limited cause I live in a place which is not save that much. so do running in a small area help? and should it be jogging/sprinting/ or running?
    last.. I need a full workout plan that I could keep and which is not as crazy as Kayla's and could make me have abs! lean legs and get the hell of cellulite out.
    Please anyone could please
    I love you all my Fitness Pals :D:D:D<3<3<3<3

The only thing that could sabotage my day more than starting it with cake and cookies would be starting it with alcohol.

Your BMI is 21.6, which is healthy, so sounds like what you need to do is reduce body fat. Sounds like you don't have access to a gym or weights, so try something like Nerd Fitness, Convict Conditioning, or You Are Your Own Gym.

Re: jogging/sprinting/ or running - my legs are smoother after walking and gardening.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

MFP set me 1300 cals am I going to be on starvation mode :( thanks for answering!
  • SophieSmall95
    Options

MFP set me 1300 cals am I going to be on starvation mode :( thanks for answering!

No starvation mode is nonsense perpetuated by people completely uneducated past high school on advanced biology...and even then sometimes people clearly weren't paying enough attention in lectures and will believe anything they hear on facebook or tumblr.