I NEED Dessert!

Options
I need a little something sweet after each meal (usually not breakfast though). Does anyone else do this? It can be one cookie and It's like it makes the meal better. I don't cook sweets (usually) because it takes too much time... I barely have enough time to make a healthy meal (I need to start meal prepping). So what I want to know is your favourite sweet treats for when you want to stay on track?

Replies

• _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Same here. For lunch I usually will be satisfied with an apple and chocolate powdered PB. After dinner I like the Ghiradelli squares.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I have something sweet most days. Sometimes it's salted caramel ice cream on top of a toasted cinnamon waffle (tonight, and it only barely fit into my calories) and some nights it's a protein bar or Greek yogurt.

Some other ideas: fudge pops, sugar free Jello pudding cups, fruit with whipped cream, ice cream, chocolate covered bananas, Greek yogurt with chocolate chips
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Tootsie Pops. Super sweet. Last like 20 minutes and only 60 cals.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hershey's kisses are only 22 calories each. (Just discovered this) I had two tonight and it stopped my sweet tooth on its tracks!
  • activeadriana
    activeadriana Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! So many good ideas.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    After each meal? You can find low calorie options, but if you're struggling with weight loss you should probably review things that you think you "NEED".
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    A pint of Halo Top
    Noosa yogurt
    Salted Caramel Power Crunch bar
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I've found that frozen blueberries can curb it. Fresh ones don't for me, but frozen ones I can eat a whole punnet and it'll take me 20-30 minutes, and I'll feel satisfied.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You don't "need" it, you think you do. Decide if all those non-nutrient dense calories fit in your overall nutrition plan.
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with cashew nut butter and dark chocolate chips or frozen mango.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or gelato, nearly every night. If I want something sweet earlier, I'll have some fruit.
  • frankieb1990
    frankieb1990 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I mixed a scoop of chocolate protein powder with greek yoghurt so it tastes a bit like a chocolate pudding, add some blueberries and a teaspoon of honey... It's nice if you put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes before as well x
  • kvwalton30
    kvwalton30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A chocolate biscuit around 100 calories works for me. Or sometimes a mint or two.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like the Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares. 60 cals per, and its usually just enough to satiate my sweet tooth if needed.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have dessert every night, chocolate or ice cream. Depends on how many calories I have left which I choose. Usually it's between 150-400 calories.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Plain rice cake topped with either White Chocolate Wonderful or Dark Chocolate Dreams (peanut butter by Peanut Butter Co) and then sprinkled with either Nature Valley High protein Granola or peanut butter/chocolate morsels. Depends on my macros for the day which way I go.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You think you need it because you are addicted to sugar and continue to feed the cravings.

Personally I like it best when I kick the sugar addiction. Otherwise I'm constantly fighting it.

When I am "off sugar" I find things like dark chocolate or a piece of fruit to be a nice treat without sending me back into the "i need sugar all the time" mentality.