Bad knees anyone out there?

Options
I am 50+, on MFP since Aug 1st at 134 lb and currently at 130 lb with a goal weight of 115. I have bad knees so limitations on exercise, I do elliptical 3 times a week and walk(10000-13000 steps /day). I am vegetarian too, so hard to keep up with the protein/carbs balance. I would love to connect with similar profiles.

Replies

• azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm 55, bad knees also. I'm currently 135, started at 172. I use my elliptical every day and shoot for 18k steps per day. I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from a car accident so my exercise is just physiotherapy, getting there day by day, I'll add ;)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    54 and I thought I had bad knees. I would run and they would get so sore that I gave up. I started walking a lot. I then mixed in interval running while playing Ingress.com, a global GPS based game similar to capture the flag. Anyway the intervals became longer and before I knew it I was running several miles daily. I can even run half marathons now without knee pain. This running also helped me lose 50 pounds too. Just thought I would share.