walking while pushing a stroller

Options
im sure this is obvious... but if you walk with a stroller (and kid =p) you look up walking and record those calories and then you look up pushing a stroller and ALSO add those calories, right?

Replies

• xenanoo
    xenanoo Posts: 69
    Options
    im sure this is obvious... but if you walk with a stroller (and kid =p) you look up walking and record those calories and then you look up pushing a stroller and ALSO add those calories, right?
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    it would be the same as walking and carrying child
  • xenanoo
    Options
    oh, is there an option for that?

EDIT ok I found that option. She is 30 lbs and the option is for 15. So should I double the time?

It was a brisk walk, does that matter?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i don't think pushing a stroller would be the same as carrying a kid... that doesn't seem right-

Unless you are going uphill or something, I don't think pushing a stroller would add very much to walking...

you could google it, or (and here I will beat everyone to the punch) you could use a heart rate monitor to be accurate
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i don't think pushing a stroller would be the same as carrying a kid... that doesn't seem right-

Unless you are going uphill or something, I don't think pushing a stroller would add very much to walking...

you could google it, or (and here I will beat everyone to the punch) you could use a heart rate monitor to be accurate

it wouldnt be much difference but luckys right if u use a HRM it be more accurate but u could double the time
  • xenanoo
    Options
    ok, adding pushing stroller would add 70 calories to a 24 minute walk.... hummmm maybe i shouldnt add it in? I cant get a heart rate monitor, though i bet that would be WAY helpful.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    it doesnt make much diff pushing a stroller but carrying a child in a back pack does as you have to do al the work then were as strollers were invented for a reason they make things easier therefore not as much effort is required. Although going up hills is different I just add calories for walking it is marginal to add the stroller bit.