Time between upper body and Lower body strength training

Options
I did Lower body strength training last night, it morning now, should I wait till night time to do the upper body strength training or can I do it in the morning now.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Up to you. I'd personally go for it, but I'm also no stranger to two-a-day lifting sessions.
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    As I get older, my ability to recover has diminished.
    I need that one day away from the weights before I hit it again. You must objectively assess your own situation.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you're doing one day upper and then one day lower, you're fine. Even if it was only 12 hours between sessions, they are different muscle groups and you're still giving time for your lower body to recover.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    How do you feel?

If the answer is "good to go" then go lift.

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    same day
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    How do you feel?

If the answer is "good to go" then go lift.

This.

I normally have 24-48 hours between all lifting sessions. Once in awhile, though, and AM workout gets pushed to PM and I end up finishing it just before bed, only to get up early the next day to lift. As long as I feel okay, I'll go with it. There have been a few times when my alarm has gone off and I've thought "oh, hell no" so I just move that workout to the evening.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    If you're a beginner, same day is great.
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the answers everybody for this, I always used to get confused about how long I should wait between lower and upper body strength training.