Exhausted all the time...Help!

Options
I'm sooooo exhausted all of the time! My Dr has told me so many times if I diet and exercise I will feel so much better... Now about a month has gone by and........

I eat healthy

I exercise 4-6 days a week

I take a multi-vitamin

I take 1000mg of vitamin C

I take a b12 supplement

I take a vitamin D supplement

I get plenty of rest

And I'm exhausted all of the time!

Does anyone have any supplement ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You're eating a great deal of simple carbs and processed food and not much protein or fat. That would make anyone tired. I don't think you need supplements as much as you need a better understanding of 'eating healthy'.

You're not tracking your water, so it's impossible to tell if you are adequately hydrated. Even mild dehydration will make you feel tired as well.

I'm going to assume you're new to exercise, and initially that will also make you tired.

Have you ever had a sleep study done? Sleep apnea is very common in the overweight and will definitely make you tired.
  • Cougar06
    Cougar06 Posts: 4
    Options
    have you asked the doctor if it might be your thyroid? i had an issue with mine and i was tired alot so you might wanna see if you can get it checked out
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way at the start of my MFP journey and did a search of the forum.

There was a thread where someone had a similar problem and it turned out that they were not eating enough carbs to energise their daily activity.

I looked back at my food diary and noticed that I also was not eating close to my carb target.

I now do so and feel much better.

I dont know if this is the same issue for you as I cannot see your food diary - but thought i would share this with you so you could check this aspect.
  • Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Speaking only from my own experience with similar issues. I was eating way too many simply carbs and processed foods, not getting nearly enough water each day and my iron was low. Aside from diet and exercise there is also the question of mood, even mild depression can knock you down. Anything can bring on a period of depression based on some type of adjustment, even weight loss and dieting. A person can grieve/mourn however you want to say it...the loss of a certain lifestyle.