I'm a Man on a mission... Losing 100 lbs and changing my life

Options
Hello,
I'm new to myfitnesspal but not to the struggle. I'm on a mission to lose 100 pounds and I've got 9 down since 8/23/16.
At 47 years of age, this is a huge challenge, but not impossible. I'm here to offer any support I can to anyone who is trying to better themselves, health or otherwise.

All the best

Dutch

Replies

• AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Dutch!
  • bandb678
    bandb678 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello and congratulations on your journey.
  • 01S28D86M
    01S28D86M Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and welcome. I am 34 days into my journey to lose 218 pounds, and taken off 17 so far. Would love to connect and make this goal a reality. Feel free to add me, and keep up the damn fine work.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You got this!
  • amaderax
    amaderax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks!
  • freckles483
    freckles483 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just join today and I need to lose more than 100 pounds my first weigh in is on Tuesday. Congrats on your great start. I would love some encouraging as well no giving up this time.
  • ksved187
    ksved187 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Awesome start so far, you can do this.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • amaderax
    amaderax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you folks! I appreciate the support.
  • biggafadda
    biggafadda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great start! I'm also new with over 100 to lose. Feel free to add.
  • Ronicole1989
    Ronicole1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far! I've just started this morning. Still learning how everything works..including how to add people lol if you'd like to keep each other motivated or give me a kick in the butt every now and then feel free to add me.
    Good luck on your journey..You got this!
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    We're the same age and I'm here to tell you, it's not impossible. I've lost 63 pounds since May....if I can do it, anybody can. Best of luck
  • emk129
    emk129 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go Dutch!!! You can do this!!! Stay focused on your goal and DON'T QUIT... There will be days you want to. The trick is finding balance and not feeling deprived. I lost 120 lbs 4 yrs ago. I've been focused on maintenance since June 2015. I fluctuate 20 lbs. But when I lost the weight initially I did it in 15 months.. There's no race. Take your time, it's your journey. Celebrate every pound.... Every oz!!! Best gift I could have ever given myself! Health!!! Wishing you the best on your journey. Embrace it. It's going to be AWESOME!!! I'm here to support!!