Stress Eating...

Options
Over the past couple of years I've lost around 60lbs. And for the first time in my adult life I felt wonderful (turned 40 this year). Unfortunately I have put some back on and need the support and motivation to get back on track. I work almost 50 hours/week starting at 6:30am. I am married with 2 daughters...so our lives are busy. I don't seem to have time after work to get a workout done. About 3 months ago, I lost my dad and I have realized that I have been stress eating since. Just trying to find the motivation to get back on track again.....

Replies

• diean2014
    diean2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi am starting a 30 days to healthy living Challenge in September you are more than welcome to join me. I can help motivate you to reach your goals! Let me know what you think
  • dtazn2
    dtazn2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's all involved in the challenge?
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    So Sorry For Your Loss, Wish You The Best Of Luck!
  • 4gotNcharlie
    4gotNcharlie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about the loss of your father. I lost my mother and gained back a lot of weight too so I understand what you are dealing with.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss. stress eating is the worst, i lost over 40 lbs several years ago but recently have packed on about 14 lbs and its not easy to get off. You say you don't have time to work out after work so it sounds like you may have to do it in the morning, I have 4 kids, all grown now but i do remember how hectic mornings are and how precious every last minute before the alarm goes off is, but honestly if you can get your workout even a quick one at home before work at least it will be done. being healthy is the best gift you can give your daughters so let them be your motivation. Believe me when I tell you they are more likely to do what they see you do as they get older than what you tell them to do. Let me know if I can help support you on this journey
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater, among other things. Really, you just need to keep yourself occupied. Reading, or going out for a walk, or talking to someone on the phone are things I can't do if I'm stuffing my face.
    630 am shifts would be nigh on impossible for me to go exercising before work, but maybe if I had the chance I'd go for a walk BEFORE dinner that night.
    For me, if I exercise before eating I stop and think " is this junk really worth undoing all the work earlier?" I'm more likely to take a nap instead.
    Good luck!