5 Years Later (A Fitness Journey)

Options
TarbearT
TarbearT Posts: 4 Member
In the beginning of this journey, I was in my 30's with a height of 5'4" and a starting weight of 220 lbs in May of 2011. I was tired all the time with severe anemia. College was stressful and I ate/drank my way through it, so though I was slimmer when I was younger... the weight from beer, pizza and energy drinks added up quickly. I found myself, at my largest, wearing a size 20. Today, I wear a size 4.

I finally went to a doctor who recognized my anemia and started iron supplements. My old food choices were probably 95% without nutrients. The iron gave me some of my energy back, so I was motivated to change my eating habits. I also started lifting weights and running. I hit my goal range (120-140) the Fall of 2012. A year and a half of learning new habits changed my life completely. The reach of fitness goes so far. It finds its way into every aspect of your life and changes who you are in positive ways.

I've been in maintenance for almost four years now. Over the years, my food choices have changed. I was originally low carb, but as a runner and weight lifter, I function better on low fat/high carb. I became a vegetarian last February and I love it for a variety of reasons. I feel awesome! Today, I run 40-50 miles a week and lift a couple times a week. I make sure I'm getting essential nutrients and I also focus on positive thoughts and giving back to the world that has given me so much. It's not always easy, but everything worth doing often isn't. I just keep going anyway.

Not the End

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!