Ground turkey meal options...HELP!

Options
Anyone have any "kid friendly" meal ideas that use ground turkey? I've tried turkey spaghetti and burgers, but my kids are just about sick of those two options! I'm doing my best to stay away from beef--especially since Dr. Oz totally disgusted me after saying it has to ROT in your system for at least 5 days before it's digested! Ewwww :indifferent:

Replies

• AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Anyone have any "kid friendly" meal ideas that use ground turkey? I've tried turkey spaghetti and burgers, but my kids are just about sick of those two options! I'm doing my best to stay away from beef--especially since Dr. Oz totally disgusted me after saying it has to ROT in your system for at least 5 days before it's digested! Ewwww :indifferent:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    My favorite thing to make with ground turkey is taco salad. :tongue:
  • xenanoo
    xenanoo Posts: 69
    Options
    I imagine anything you make with ground beef can be made with ground turkey... like Tacos, meatballs (meatball sandwhich) pizza topping, salsbury steak, and what not.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I make turkey calzones.
    I am sure ground turkey would work.
    There is a salsibury steak recipe using turkey from Tam on here somewhere
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I made turkey chili the other day and loved it.
  • msplatts
    Options
    Go to allreceipes.com - Click ingrediants and then you can type in ground turkey and get a bunch of receipes.
  • dawninmanch
    Options
    TACOS, SHEPHERDS PIE, PRETTY MUCH ANY THING YOU CAN DO WITH BEEF YOU CAN DO WITH GROUND TURKEY, EXCEPT MEATBALLS ( OR AT LEAST I'M NOT GOOD AT IT!)
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    I imagine anything you make with ground beef can be made with ground turkey... like Tacos, meatballs (meatball sandwhich) pizza topping, salsbury steak, and what not.

Ooooo, meatballs! that sounds tasty! And PIZZA...I'll have to try that to see if they like it!!! Thank you!
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    TACOS, SHEPHERDS PIE, PRETTY MUCH ANY THING YOU CAN DO WITH BEEF YOU CAN DO WITH GROUND TURKEY, EXCEPT MEATBALLS ( OR AT LEAST I'M NOT GOOD AT IT!)

I forgot all about Shepherd's pie! I'm going to have my mom make it, because everytime I put in the potatoes, my dish comes out runny! :cry:
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Now that you all have mentioned so many great things to make with turkey, my mind is moving a mile a minute!!!! Tacos, meatballs, nachos, Shepherd's pie, chili, taco salad!!! Thank you for the replies!!!:heart:
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My kids just love when I make turkey stuffed peppers. I just take ground turkey and mix in some cooked brown rice. For my husband and I, I add some seasoning (hot red peppers, etc.) and put the mixture in hallowed-out green peppers. For the kids I just make meatballs. I buy a large can of generic tomato soup, dump it in a soup pot and fill it about 1/2 way with water. Then I just put the peppers and meatballs in the pot and boil for about 40 minutes.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my kids love american chop suey, and they can't even tell it's turkey and not beef! brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking it into small pieces, add spaghetti sauce and turn down heat to simmer. in a pot, cook pasta ( i like whole grain rotini) drain pasta and add it to the sauce and meat.