Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Fudge pops on 40 calories per pop ! my go to dessert
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I mixed a scoop of chocolate protein powder with greek yoghurt so it tastes a bit like a chocolate pudding, add some blueberries and a teaspoon of honey... It's nice if you put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes before as well x

This is so interesting....gonna try that!!!!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If it's early in the day and I wants something sweet, I eat a half serving of Greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder (half a scoop) and granola with chocolate and cashew butter. Kind of a lot of calories but a good chunk of protein so I don't feel too bad

If it's after dinner, I eat a square or two of dark chocolate (50-100 calories). Lately I've been eating dark chocolate with sea salt and it's my favorite thing ever.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    A square of dark chocolate, frozen grapes, a diet soda, mint green tea. Plus several times a week I have something more substantial when the mood strikes, like ice cream or milk chocolate or chips. I just make it fit!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Quest bar+fruit or oatmeal with chocolate protein powder and berries. Both are sweet enough that it kills my cravings for a big sugary thing the rest of the day.
    Lunch: Peppermint that I make last for a long time
    Mid-afternoon: Diet soda
    Dinner: I'm with the piece-of-dark-chocolate crowd. It goes so very well with my wine.

My consumption of added sugar is quite low, and my rather large sweet tooth is completely sated. Bigger desserts happen every now and then, but not with the regularity or quantity that they used to.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    You don't "need" it, you think you do. Decide if all those non-nutrient dense calories fit in your overall nutrition plan.

And when they do fit, then what will you say?

I have dessert after lunch and supper. It completes the meal for me. Account for them and enjoy.

You still don't NEED it. Someone may want it, fits in theit nutritional goals, think it tastes great or whatever bu it is not a NEED.

• manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just coffee with skim milk and Splenda can work for me but I always have dark chocolate at home and chocolate cereals.
    1 square of dark chocolate is 40-60 cals
    2 Oreos 80 cals
    Half a cup of chocolate cereal 60 cal
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have one Dove Dark Chocolate square every day after lunch during the week, and at night my go-to snacks are 100 calorie snack bag of Pop Secret kettle corn and 40 calorie Fudgcicle :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    You think you need it because you are addicted to sugar and continue to feed the cravings.

Personally I like it best when I kick the sugar addiction. Otherwise I'm constantly fighting it.

When I am "off sugar" I find things like dark chocolate or a piece of fruit to be a nice treat without sending me back into the "i need sugar all the time" mentality.

If I am "off sugar", then I'll end up overindulging in it because I deprived myself
  • ellielittlewood20
    ellielittlewood20 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit, especially frozen strawberries are my favourite. I cut them up and freeze them on non-stick paper a baking tray, then put them in freezer bags once frozen. You can do it with other fruit too, and a lot of supermarkets sell things like frozen blueberries and melon balls, which are really yummy :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    You don't "need" it, you think you do. Decide if all those non-nutrient dense calories fit in your overall nutrition plan.

I have dessert after lunch and supper. It completes the meal for me. Account for them and enjoy.

You still don't NEED it. Someone may want it, fits in theit nutritional goals, think it tastes great or whatever bu it is not a NEED.

Why is dessert not a need? You have no clue what people eat for dessert and whether they need it or not.

"I'm pretty low on magnesium, I'll have a couple figs after lunch. Oh wait, that counts as dessert and I don't need that."
    gg02ob27439c.gif
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

That could be said about every food, ever.

Sure you have to have food to live, but you don't NEED any particular kind. Especially "a little something sweet" which generally implies low nutritional value. Like I said, if it fits, fine, but this type of food should not be considered a need.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,215 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

That could be said about every food, ever.

Sure you have to have food to live, but you don't NEED any particular kind. Especially "a little something sweet" which generally implies low nutritional value. Like I said, if it fits, fine, but this type of food should not be considered a need.

But in this case, since working something sweet into your diet doesn't cause any harm, I think this is being a little pedantic.

ETA: typo
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have dessert every night, it's a stupid habit i started a few years ago and can't seem to break. It's like my brain expects something sweet straight after dinner, whether i'm stuffed full or not!

My favourite low cal and filling dessert is protein fluff. I also make avocado/chia pudding. And yogurt,cottage cheese with pb2 chocolate mixed in.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Prunes are sweet. I have prunes after dinner.
  • Sezold5758
    Sezold5758 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, with a warmed up pear, blueberries, and shredded almonds and cinnamon
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You and me both!

My favorite go to is usually something chocolate, like a brownie, a cookie, or a small piece of cake. Lately, though, my dessert is ice cream. I've never been able to adopt the idea of fruit as dessert..unless it's under ice cream. :p