I need some motivation!

Options
Hello everyone! :)
I'm new on here and I really need all your help!
I am trying to get serious about this weight loss thing, but it's hard when I have no help. None of my friends seem too motivated to work out with me, so I'm gym-buddyless. So instead, I need some people to hold me accountable and to help me reach my goals!
I've never really been self conscious about my weight until this past year and that alone is reason enough to hop to it. The only issue is, I'm not self conscious enough about it to actually keep up with working out and eating right.

Sooooo, basically, you should add me on here :) We can help each other reach our goals!

Replies

• loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've just started working out again, like seriously working out. I feel you on not having any support. It's hard to find someone that is willing to help you with just as much motivation. Or more. Past few days, I've been dragging myself out of bed early and just forcing myself out the door. Push myself until I can't go any further and then push myself some more. Just gotta be consistent! And track EVERYTHING! I'm with some people I've seen on here that sometimes you log a food and are completely surprised by how unhealthy it is. Makes you think twice before eating it again. Can see the impact that certain foods/meals have on your daily intake.

My plan? Exercise at least 4 times a week, every day if I can manage with work and general exhaustion. And try to cut the calories and make smarter choices. My first step was filling my fridge with goodness so I wouldn't have a choice and getting out there.

I got you. We can do this.
  • EirePetal
    EirePetal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I just started again a couple of weeks ago. Tracking is so helpful. I try to walk 4-5 times a week and I just started lifting weights. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 This thread has been helpful for me.
  • Vixxxen1x
    Options
    Not only do I not have anyone (except my awesome husband but he's ill and injured) but I'm losing friends left and right because I'm not on the unhealthy bandwagon. Seems as though everyone has to have a cigarette or beer in their hand. That was fine when I was right there with them but now that I'm eating right, don't smoke and very very seldom have a drink it seems that I've been labeled a "stuck up *****". Great "friends", right? The negative energy seems to fuel my workout though so PLEASE don't stop the path you've decided to go on. Even if it's just to take some time for yourself, push through and go for a walk or jog...or both! Keep it up...because maybe someday you will meet someone like me and you will no longer need motivation...you will BE the motivator!!!
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me