Need to lose about 100lbs...

Options
Currently I've set my goal at 1.5/week, wondering if I should set for 2/week instead. I'm eating a 35%|35%|25% and keeping sugars to 30g. Not a soda drinker, occasionally maybe and will be implementing a walking/strength training program.

Replies

• bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input @kristysaurus
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20, 100 to go. I've set mine to 1lb a week. That seems comfortable and sustainable for me, and I'm actually losing slightly faster. It also means when I'm closer to goal I'll have more wiggle room. I read somewhere that you should live the healthiest life you can enjoy. The you'll stick to it. Good Luck
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Set a goal you can reach, while feeling good about food choices. 1 pound a week is great. 1.5 can be do-able. 2 is a stretch in the long term. And with 100 to go, you NEED to plan long term. I've lost 110. I averaged 1.5 per week, but one week could be 3, and the next .5, even when doing the same things. Don't give the scale too much power.
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    NancyYale wrote: »
    Set a goal you can reach, while feeling good about food choices. 1 pound a week is great. 1.5 can be do-able. 2 is a stretch in the long term. And with 100 to go, you NEED to plan long term. I've lost 110. I averaged 1.5 per week, but one week could be 3, and the next .5, even when doing the same things. Don't give the scale too much power.

Thanks! I usually do so its one think I'm working on!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I had a nice time losing 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. After 91 lbs with about another 20 to go to reach the top of normal BMI, I'm down to .5 to 1. I know it seems like so little when you have so much to go, but when you get there, you'll wonder where the time went
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If I had 100 pounds to lose, I would do 2 pounds per week. However, depending on your stats, that may be too strict of a deficit. I recently gained 50 pounds and wanted it off quickly. I set mine to lose 2 pounds per week, which gave me 1600 calories (very sedentary). I also was skinny fat at 180, so I needed muscle. I've posted around different places and learned that I had too high of a deficit, and I wouldn't get the body I wanted even if I lost down to 165-170. I have my deficit set to 500, for one pound/week. I am trying to work my muscles so I don't lose what remaining muscle I have. I also need adequate fuel for my body and muscles.