Ready to lose the pregnancy weight

Options
MrsUski10
MrsUski10 Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone! :happy:
My name is Jess and I'm a mother to a 7yr old daughter and 4 week old son. I started out at 145lbs before getting pregnant with my daughter and within a couple of years after, I went up to 245lbs. There was a lot of yo-yo dieting inbetween having my daughter and getting pregnant with my son. Last year before becoming pregnant with him I weighed in at 182lbs and wore a size 16. By the end of my pregnancy with my son, I weighed 236lbs and am currently 219lbs. I'm not even sure what size I'm in at the moment. I plan on taking my measurements later today.
I'm so very ready to shed this pregnancy weight!! My long term goal is to weigh 125-135lbs. I began exercising today and am keeping a journal online as well as offline to have a visual of what I've eaten and how much/how long I've exercised. Any other new moms out there looking to lose the weight?

Replies

• schuhouse
    schuhouse Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Jess!

I am in the same boat as you...I have a 3 month old girl and she is my first. I have been so in love with her and wrapped up in spending time with her I have forgotten to exercise. I know that is the best thing for me and what is going to help me lose weight. I have recently gotten over the part that I felt guilty for taking away time with my daughter to exercise, basically because I know that exercising will help my daughter and me...it will be good for her to see me exercising and in shape in the future! I am a nursing Mom and i have always been told that nursing helps you lose weight afterwards. Well i haven't seen it. I had a ton of troubles nursring in the beginning and I am not sure if that is what has slowed down the weight or if it is that i am just that one Mommy who can't lose weight nursing. LOL! I had lost about 60lbs prior to gettig pregnant so I know I can do this and I know how to do it...it is just doing it! I need to do it for myself and for my girl! Best of luck to you!!!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am not a new mom (my boys are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2) but I too am trying to get to a much healthier weight!!! Good luck!! friend me if you would like!!!
  • rmlorine
    rmlorine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I have a 4 yr old boy and an 8 mos. old girl and I am working on losing the baby weight. I lost 40 pounds after my son was born and was in a good place , however I started putting the weight back on and got pregnant with my daughter. I have lost 18 lbs of the 50 I would like it is harder than the last time but I think I am in a much better place because I am exercising and eating better, without depriving myself.
    I also wanted to share that I also breast fed, I still am but only for comfort for my daughter and we are weaning off of that. I did not see any weight loss during that time and spoke with my MD. she told me that while some women do lose weight there are many that do not. For some reason you body does the opposite it holds the weight. She said that at that OB office they stand behind weight watchers and exercise. I personally do not like weight watchers but I count my calories and balance my meals carefully. My exercise of choice is zumba, I have the DVD's and take a class once a week.
    It is nce to have other people to be able to discuss this with. Good Luck!
  • davis22b
    davis22b Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Jess I am in the same exact boat as you! I have a 7 month old daughter, I was about 175-ish before I got pregnant and I was up to about 220-225lbs or so. Right now, according to the wii (which is different then my gym scale) I'm 215. I could definitely use help to shed these lbs!

My issue is when I was on strict bed rest I could only walk to the bathroom, I feel like my skin is so stretched in my tummy that it will never be like a tight belly which discourages me. :(
  • schuhouse
    schuhouse Posts: 2
    Options
    Good to hear that some woman don't lose weight when breastfeeding. Guess that means that i will just have to work that much harder! Thanks for that info!!!! Nice to hear I am not the only one :)