NSV: American Eagle moment, ya'll!

Options
leonardk09
leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
I've never shared an NSV moment on here, so I thought I would :) It truly made my day. I'm a member of a Sorority, and it's tradition to wear a white dress/formal wear to a ritualistic event. I have had the hardest time finding a nice dress, because I hate wearing dresses in general, haha. Before I started this journey, I was roughtly a size 16-20 (depending on the brand). I went to American Eagle last weekend, and found the CUTEST white dress. I tried on a size 14, and it fit! Not only that, it was too big in some areas. I asked the dressing room girl how it looked, and she said to me, "Hmm, it's a little big, do you want to try on the 12?" I looked at her and said, "NOBODY HAS EVER ASKED ME THAT, AND I HAVE NOT WORN THAT SIZE IN LITERALLY 8 YEARS!". I ended up buying the 14, but I may have to come back to buy the 12 once I hit my summer goal :) I just can't wait to fit into a size 12 (or 10) pants. Ahhhh.

Replies

• mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Congrats to you. I had my own AE NSV last week as well! It feels so great doesn't it!?!? Keep up the good work!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING!!! I can't wait until that happens to me haha :smile: Hope you fit into 12 and below very soon!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good job! I love hearing these stories :). It's a journey and every milestone is to be celebrated.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Congrats! That's such an awesome victory!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I actually think I'm wearing that exact same dress that you're describing today. White eyelet on the bottom, kind of a corset style top with thin straps. Anyway, congrats on fitting into the size 14 dress! AE runs small too I've found!
  • divanikki
    divanikki Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Awesome!!! :)
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this sweetheart! I know you will wear that dress with so much confidence. Glad you posted this...its so inspiring and remember to find someone in your midst that is struggling with what you have and pass on the wisdom that you've learned. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!