Bad day yesterday...

Options
I had a bad day yesterday... I LITERALLY ate half a dozen doughnuts throughout the day. The way I avoid eating crap is to not BUY any crap... but my mother came to see the baby and brought leftover doughnuts from her meeting at work. (Ok, I can't blame my mom.. she didn't force me to eat them.)
But today is a new day... right? sigh.

Replies

• masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes!! ANd it is ok to every now and then....I have had a couple of bad afternoons the last 2 days......But today is a new day and I am on my way to success again!! Thanks for sharing
  • t_prentice1
    Options
    I felt like if I confessed, I wouldn't do it again today. The rest of the doughnuts are in the garbage, where they belong! lol
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yes, its a new day. Start over and forget yesterday. I fear school starting up again and all the goodies in the workroom. Its just too easy to snag something when you walk through, even more than once in the day, especially if its been a rough day.

Smile! Its Friday! :happy:
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Absolutely correct! Everyone has mini episodes...
  • prissa1960
    prissa1960 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have had some bad days too the last couple of weeks. I am a nervous eater. Today I started fresh.
  • slpkennedy
    Options
    we all have bad days... when i got amazing news from my doctor that my husband and i could have kids he bought a cheesecake to celebrate i ate almost the whole thing.. as long as keep positive everyday is a new chance...
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is ok, just get back on track. We all have had BAD DAYS.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Ask mom to support you by bringing over healthy treats.
  • GeminiMel02
    GeminiMel02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up about it. each day is another chance to start over keeping all of the lessons we've learned so far in mind. :) You'll do awesome today! :)
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You can work through this. Remember that you are human and to err is human, right? :wink: Here is something I tell my students who strive to be doctors and nurses and need very high grades to get into their programs.

You will fall down. You will get kicked in the butt. That's part of life. Your measure as a human is not whether or how often you fall down, but rather how you RESPOND when it happens.
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's ok - I had a confession I posted too! Mine was a twix bar at midnight last night. Stupid late night runs to Walgreens!!! Oh well, today is a new day!!
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yup! Today is a new day. A healthy lifestyle is about an overall trend and good habits. You're allowed to slip-up and overdo it here and there. Just hop back on and do it today. You got this =)
  • MarciaKeeth
    Options
    It's very hard, but you will feel better -- stronger -- if you set boundaries with those who try to sabotage your efforts. It's especially hard with someone like our mothers (or big sisters), so I don't get it right every time. (Mothers and daughters -- seems like there's a lot there that relates to weigh issues.) Progress is the best we can hope for. When someone brings over a box of donuts or anything else, immediately say, 'thank you, but the temptation is too difficult for me. I must ask that you leave them in your car or allow me to throw them away.' When you can set boundaries, YOU stay in control and might feel less inclined to snack.