Always WAY over Daily Sugar intake- anyone else the same?

Options
Hi everyone,

Anyone else finding it incredibly hard to stay under your daily sugar goal? By mid-morning, I am already over my (measly) 24g's for the day!

I have browsed some other food diaries and notice some are very good at keeping their sugar intake low, but for the most part, sugar intake is way over for many of us on here.

I wonder is 24 g's is a realistic number?....

I love my sugar!! :(

Jenny

Replies

• welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    24 g is not realistic and if you eat 3 fruits a day that's gonna put you close to or over 30 g. Those sugars are great, it's the added sugar you should be more concerned about as it can really hinder your weight loss journey and cause other health issues.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i'm ALWAYS over by 30 or 40 or so. I refuse to not eat fruit! silly! it's part of a healthy diet. I know i'm not eating other junky treats so apart from the sugar that's in what I'm eating I don't pay attention to the sugar from fruit.
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm always over my sugar, and I don't care. Better over my sugar but eating generally pretty well (and within my calories) than giving up in despair and eating nothing but junk for days at a time, which would be what would happen if I tried to cut it down too far.