Protein

I never seem to meet my protein goals. What foods can I eat for more protein?

Replies

• Longtermplan
    Longtermplan Posts: 8 Member
    Seafood such as salmon or shrimp has substantial protein. I am currently using protein shakes.
  • Yogurt is high in protein and you can do lots with that. Lean meats in general are great for protein too.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    It is easier if you fit a little protein in to every meal. For breakfast it could be eggs. Lunch, tuna or sandwich meat. Build your dinner around meat too.
  • ianbmatthew
    ianbmatthew Posts: 3 Member
    These are great tips! Thanks much!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    All sorts of meat and seafood! Beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, bison, buffalo, salmon, sardines, tuna, eggs, shrimp, clams, oysters (a lot of the seafood it's becoming easier to buy canned). Other foods like beans, nuts/nut butters, quinoa, seeds/seed butters, green beans, peas, hummus, avocados.
  • XxDrunkenJedixX
    XxDrunkenJedixX Posts: 2 Member
    Mornings I usually eat cereal and mix a little slow release (casein)protein mix in the milk for a protein boost. Most stores you can find family sized packs of boneless chicken breasts for 1.99lb. Ill trim and bake up 2-3+ lbs at a time cutting the chicken into strips with any dry seasonings so they arent giant breasts. Then just store them in the fridge to eat at any meal, or as a snack. Use as a salad topper or in place of processed lunch meat. mix with bbq sauce you name it.