Napping after excercise

Options
I've been running pretty early in the morning, and the mornings I don't have to work, I love to just go right back to sleep after my run.
Is this counterproductive in terms of Metabolism boot?

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    No. The fact you are exercising is kicking up your metabolism. Napping afterward should do no more than napping an hour after.

Stay on track =)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the evenings for the most part and go to bed within 1-2 hours later. Works for me!!!!!!!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I have read and talked with my cousin who is a P.T. Research, and she, says it is counterproductive. When you turn up your metabolism by exercising, you keep burning calories for 1-2 hours after your exercise. If you go to sleep directly after, your metabolism slows down alot faster than if you were to stay awake for a while. Therefore, stay awake and you burn more, and you should also have more energy to maybe get some stuff done around the house which will burn even more!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, napping is never bad. Big advocate of naps.
  • godsowngoddess
    Options
    I have read and talked with my cousin who is a P.T. Research, and she, says it is counterproductive. When you turn up your metabolism by exercising, you keep burning calories for 1-2 hours after your exercise. If you go to sleep directly after, your metabolism slows down alot faster than if you were to stay awake for a while. Therefore, stay awake and you burn more, and you should also have more energy to maybe get some stuff done around the house which will burn even more!

that was kind of what I was afraid of. :P
    I suppose I should be up and around anyway, since I have SO MUCH to do.
    :)
  • godsowngoddess
    Options
    In my opinion, napping is never bad. Big advocate of naps.

naps. are awesome.
    They keep grumpiness at bay. :)