Down 40, just made it through my first plateau

Options
Actually, I am down 46 lbs now. My starting weight was 305, and I lost weight steadily till I plateaued at 260 for about 3 weeks. This morning, I woke up and weighed in at 258. Very tough to stay motivated, but I was able to do so by reading the success stories contained within. So thanks to you all. Onward!

Replies

• love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! :flowerforyou: Congrats!
  • schivis
    schivis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Perserverance is the key...right? Can't wait to hear that you made it to another goal!:smile:
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Been there and done that! I hit my first plateau right around the july 4th holiday. But, my friends on here helped me not go off the deep end and get back on the horse and tackle that mountain.
    MFP ROCKS!!
    Thanks for all your support!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking it out!!! That is a weight loss to be proud of! I think it's actually kind of fun to figure out how to get things going again once you plateau. It forces us to be creative and get to know our bodies even better! You are right, it is tough, and you did it!!! Keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou:
  • rachel_onamission
    Options
    Yaaay! Good Job! :)
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Don't you just hate those plateau's! I'm a ways behind you; and I got 'stuck' for a couple weeks. All you can do, is continue doing what we both know we have to do - and persevere. We didn't get big in a couple months - we won't get back down to where we belong in a couple months either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!