Yesterday I hit the one year mark (Before/After Inside)

Options
29250993245_ca872e38c0_z.jpgOne-year-Transformation by Samuel Vasquez, on Flickr

I've been an advocate of calorie counting, along with intermittent fasting, low volume/high intensity training and it has proved really effective while also extremely easy to sustain. I only train 2-3 days a week with a upper/lower body split and my only cardio is done via walking 15min to and from the gym.

I did this without the aid of any doctors, trainers, or any special meditation, just the stuff I could find online that made sense and I could fit into my lifestyle.

Hopefully my results can spark some hope into people who are in a similar situation and are scared to take the plunge. Everyday we do things like go to school, or work where a certain amount of effort is expected from us with absolutely no guarantee that there will be any reward waiting for us in the end. People put years into jobs that make them miserable to eventually never get promoted and in some cases fired without any reasoning. Fitness is the only thing I've encountered where you are guaranteed to be rewarded for the effort you put in. That's why I always refer to it as the easiest "hard" thing you'll ever do.

Replies

• hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your transformation and finding what works for you. You look incredible.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Thank you very much for sharing - this is just what I needed to hear today!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look amazing.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Job well done , and very insightful.
  • Lastyearsgirl
    Lastyearsgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When you say fasting, what exactly do you do? Fast a day at a time, just liquids for a few days? I've been thinking about fasting to push me past my plateaus but I'm not sure exactly what the best method is?
  • supernormal6
    supernormal6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When you say fasting, what exactly do you do? Fast a day at a time, just liquids for a few days? I've been thinking about fasting to push me past my plateaus but I'm not sure exactly what the best method is?

Intermittent fasting can be done on a daily basis and it consist of having a fasting period of 16 hours between your dinner and the first meal of the next day (basically skipping breakfast). This leaves you with an 8 hour window in which you have to consume your daily calories.

This is beneficial because it allows the body ample time without food in order to only feed itself with the fat reserves in your body, and since you're eating in a compressed window of time it's harder to go over your calories. There are some other health benefits like raised awareness and boosted energy during the fasting period but I feel like these vary from person to person.

The essential benefit is that you get super effective fat loss and you can eat bigger meals since your food is not spread out through the day.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Great job! I am also doing intermittent fasting. It feels mighty nice. Not like 'dieting' at all, but something I can do indefinitely. You're so right about getting fit being the easiest hard thing you'll do. I only wish fear hadn't stopped me doing it long ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!