Consistency

Options
Hello-
I have noticed that I eat clean for about 1 week, then I get weak and start craving not so clean foods (lol). This seems to be a pattern. It happened last night, and I addressed it by eating something that I love, but wasn't bad. (grilled mahi tacos:). Now today, I am back to eating clean, and have no issues with cravings, or anything other than the healthy stuff. I have noticed this pattern for the past few weeks. I have not done too good until lastnight. The light bulb went off that this was a regular occurance with me. Has anyone expericenced a pattern like that? If so, what is going on? What can I do to overcome these regular intervals of temptation?

Thanks
-glorybee

Replies

• glorybee
    Options
    Hello-
    I have noticed that I eat clean for about 1 week, then I get weak and start craving not so clean foods (lol). This seems to be a pattern. It happened last night, and I addressed it by eating something that I love, but wasn't bad. (grilled mahi tacos:). Now today, I am back to eating clean, and have no issues with cravings, or anything other than the healthy stuff. I have noticed this pattern for the past few weeks. I have not done too good until lastnight. The light bulb went off that this was a regular occurance with me. Has anyone expericenced a pattern like that? If so, what is going on? What can I do to overcome these regular intervals of temptation?

Thanks
    -glorybee
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    This has absolutely happened to me and I've been battling that for about 2 months actually. I think you come to a point, as you seem to have done, where you realize the pattern and can preempt it a little and come up with alternatives. The thing is that refined sugar and bad fat are both very addictive substances as is refined salt. We need to give ourselves more time to really get those things out of our systems and for some people it just simply remains a battle. I really think being aware is the best thing you can do for yourself, and GREAT on you for eating clean!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yes. I can eat clean for about 4 days then I need something extra. It is usually a twix for me. Since I am generally not a carb freak (I hate bread). I figure I must need to extra carbs.
  • Maribela86
    Maribela86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take a cheat night! On Friday or Saturday night (keyword or) when I go out with my friends I allow myself something bad like a piece of cheesecake.. It works for me because it's easier for me to be good when instead of thinking of what I can't have, I think about Friday night!
  • glorybee
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I am glad its not just me. Maybe the body is saying is so used to where it is, when it notices a change, it fights to keep us where we are weight wise via cravings... I think the awareness thing is the best we can do in addition to managing the cravings. Thanks, that helps

glorybee
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I think this has fueled a pattern of Su Mon Tues Wed clean, then slippage on the weekends.
    Somehow (with a LOT of exercise) I have managed to lose a good amount of weight in spite of this. I am jealous of those people who can just say no to indulgences. I have to indulge in a CONTROLLED manner, and then make sure I get back on the bus & exercise too!
    Good luck!
  • glorybee
    Options
    How much do you exercise. I met with a trainer and she said for me to loose weight, I should do 30-60 min of cardio 5-6 days a week, and do 2 days of upper body, and 2 days of lower body 12 reps, 3 sets. That seems like alot to me, I have only been doing about 4-5 days.

thanks,
    glorybee
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    What this trainer recommended to you is ideal, but do what you can within that. Get cardio most days and focus on making sure you weight train 3-4 days a week. Muscle is the thing in your body that burns fat and the more of it you have, the more calories you'll burn just by being alive!