When to include toning in cardio?

Options
Ok so I have a fair bit of weight to lose how long do I do cardio for before starting to include some toning exercises with it. Especially my stomach. Thanks in advance

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?

I have 20lbs to lose and do both cardio and toning/strength training. I've been doing that for about a month now and noticed a difference in my body shape, so I'd say start doing that now.
  • Kimmy4058
    Kimmy4058 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have 119 pound to lose so a fair bit more
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want to.

What are your goals? Is body composition important to you?

You can lose weight by doing no exercise or all the exercise.
  • Kimmy4058
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight start looking and feeling good and hopefully not be too saggy at the end of it like especially the stomach area. I have had 3 children and I've never gone back to original size just kept piling on the weight so I'm nervous as to whether I will have excess skin by the end of it, you know
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Now. But there is no spot reducing the stomach area though. You need to keep eating a calorie deficit, lose more weight and add in the strength training together, along with some cardio sprinkled in. You can build some "newbie muscle gainz" and take advantage of your weight instead of waiting, this also allows you to preserve your current muscles while eating at a deficit as you will loose muscle, fat and water as part of your weight loss, but you can prevent some muscle wasting by exercising them.
  • Kimmy4058
    Options
    Ok Thankyou
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Start now. The more muscle you can retain while you lose, the better you'll look when you reach your goal weight.