Single Mothers!!

Options
Hello! I am a single mother with a handsome, 6 year old son! My weight loss goal is to lose 80 lbs. With being a full-time single parent and working full-time, it can be very easy to fall off track. I'm looking for friends who are in the same boat as me and would love to help motivate each other on our journey!! :)

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Your son is old enough to join you in your fitness journey. Get him into going to the gym, jogging, riding his bike, doing p90x, or yoga with you and it makes life much simpler. My daughter has been exercising with me since she was 3 yrs old :)

(not single, but the parent in charge of caring for the child from 6am - 11pm while maintaining a fulltime job and going to school)
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    Your son is old enough to join you in your fitness journey. Get him into going to the gym, jogging, riding his bike, doing p90x, or yoga with you and it makes life much simpler. My daughter has been exercising with me since she was 3 yrs old :)

(not single, but the parent in charge of caring for the child from 6am - 11pm while maintaining a fulltime job and going to school)

Yeah, I try to be active with him as much as possible. There is actually a "Fit Kidz" program at the gym that I work out at (some may call it child care); but either way, the instructors are active with the kids. They play basketball, the Wii Fit games, walk around on the track; etc. With this perk, I'm able to fully focus on my workout. There's always a way to make it our goals happen, we just have to want it bad enough!! :D
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yep, my gym has a very active child care as well (Sport and Health gym). My daughter LOVES to go to the gym, though sometimes she just wants to work out with me. Sometimes I'll take her to the gym in my apartment building on the weekend and let her do pilates, walk on the treadmill, or mess around with the granny weights.

But she really loves to do yoga and HIIT with me. She finds the HIIT programs to be more of a game as she has to run and bounce around, and loves to copy my movements in yoga.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    Yep, my gym has a very active child care as well (Sport and Health gym). My daughter LOVES to go to the gym, though sometimes she just wants to work out with me. Sometimes I'll take her to the gym in my apartment building on the weekend and let her do pilates, walk on the treadmill, or mess around with the granny weights.

But she really loves to do yoga and HIIT with me. She finds the HIIT programs to be more of a game as she has to run and bounce around, and loves to copy my movements in yoga.

That's awesome. My son likes to work out with me as well. They're looking up to us and we're teaching them the importance of working out to stay healthy!
  • alexanderislove
    alexanderislove Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I know you want single mothers... and well technically I am since I am not married, but I am engaged. I just had my son almost 7 weeks ago (I am a first time mom), and need to lose a little over 100lbs. I could use all the help I can get!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am divorced and have a live in boyfriend and 16 year old son. Not sure if that qualifies as single parent. He has never had kids so doesn't do family stuff really so a lot of time I am on my own.
  • Healthybodyhealthynind
    Options
    Hey there
    I'm a single mum to a 7 year old boy and I work 4 long days a week.
    Yep... Know it's easy to fall off track. I'd love to be a buddy along this journey!!