*** CALCULATORS *** BMI BMR BODY FAT % LINKS? Thankyou :)

Options
9 Jul '13 Tuesday 1940 hrs

Hey everyone ... :)

I am looking for a good and accurate online BMI, Body Fat percentage, Waist to Hip ratio & BMR calculator which calculates accurately where you stand with lean mass verses fat percentage. It is important NOT to lose muscle mass only fat. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

Best Regards,
John

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Those body fat calculators are bogus. There's no way to figure out your body fat unless you spend money for a scan.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's no way to find body fat accurately without a scan - true dat. Online calculators of any type are just best-guesses based on a large database of input caclulated into percentages.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I hope OP found the information he needed 3 years ago.

:lol:
  • basiliscus
    basiliscus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has BMI and BMR calculator on their website. For waist:hip ratio you can use a standard calculator it even pen and paper provided you have a tape to measure your waist and hip circumference. No need for a special online calculators - you just divide one by the other. As for fat percentage - like Francl27 said - you can't do it online. You need a DEXA scan or body fat calipers (if you know what you're doing and are not bothered by decimal accuracy). Alternatively, if you're not bothered by accuracy at all, and only by progression, you can use one of those body composition weighing scales - while not 100% accurate, they are fairly consistent if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning and didn't consume alcohol a night before.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

... doh...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Haha I rarely even pay attention to peoples usernames/profile pics let alone the damn date when they posted lol
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    good on @TillyNix for committing to working through the backlog of unanswered questions! gives me hope that maybe one day someone will get back to me on their thoughts on the GPS watches I was looking at two christmases ago.
  • basiliscus
    basiliscus Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Hahaha *facepalm*