Arm jiggle (women 30+)

Options
Has any 30+ women been able to successfully get rid of arm jiggle? If yes what exercises did you use and how long did it take? Any befores and afters? I am getting a bit depressed over this issue and I start wondering if I will have to just get used to the arm jiggle?

Replies

• Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks that's what I was afraid of. Hopefully I can at least achieve some toning
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well i would say if it jiggles it's safe to say it's not a muscle? I will try to find a picture to illustrate. But I am sure that even with more weight 10 years ago I didnt have these flabby arms. It must be an aging thing...
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Triceps don't jiggle or sag. They can look soft. Lose bodyfat.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Lower your body fat % and tone your arms. My favourite arm toning exercise is push-ups. There are so many variations of push-ups that work different muscles.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Triceps don't jiggle or sag. They can look soft. Lose bodyfat.

Mmm... If I'm un-tensed and jiggle my arm there is an actual jiggle underneath. not just softness. Yet when tensed there's not an inch of movement it's solid muscle, AND, I used to be obsessed with that jiggle thinking it was horrible flabby arm never going away untill my dance instructor (buffest woman I know) showed me her arms do the same. It's just the way skin hangs at a certain point! Obviously fat percentage plays a part too!!

There's a difference between jiggle and *jiggle* for upper arms. Most really complaining about jiggle have sag and visible fat deposits that people think are triceps. OP would have to post a picture to know for sure.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have actual triceps, not much fat in arms ever. But the unflexed muscle still 'drops' if I hold my arms out. Not bad but certainly enough that I can jiggle it. It all firms up to very hard when flexed.

I think the only way to get around that is to have very skinny arms and great skin resilience. Ballerina arms, basically. If you don't have mass, then you don't have the jiggle. Mine were like this before, but once I started training heavier they grew some. They are not big by any stretch of the imagination, and I like having the strength more than having the "arms like string" as we call them in my household, but you CAN get those if you are willing to give up strength and also are lucky in the skin elasticity draw.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost fat but got lean by lifting weights while doing so. I think My arms used to measure 13 inches (don't quote me on that), now they are 11 and one of my favorite parts on my body.
  • joannapiana1977
    joannapiana1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Haha - ditto my kids love to wiggle my arms. It's so depressing!'
  • pilatespolekat
    pilatespolekat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pole fitness and great skin care (to tighten up any loose skin) is the only thing that helped mine lol.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and just starting to love my arms. I've been pretty thin before and not been happy with them, but it's weight lifting that really made the difference in appearance.

Plus I can open a lot more jars.

I'm 42 and just started loving my arms! I know exactly what you mean about the jars!!!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Pole fitness and great skin care (to tighten up any loose skin) is the only thing that helped mine lol.

Ditto x
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I love this post...I keep my arms in decent shape farming and gardening but they still have a wiggle and my 11 yr old thinks it's funny to sit by me and poke my flabby arms, lol

My daughter says she likes to hold my arms because they a soft and squishy. lol I'm working on it though...

I found a bench exercise called a Tate Press that works the triceps if that helps. I lift free weights and do machines and target this area once a day. I have some fat loss to go, but my arms are looking better and it's been a couple of months... I hate flappy arms too!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Aleara2012 wrote: »
    Well i would say if it jiggles it's safe to say it's not a muscle? I will try to find a picture to illustrate. But I am sure that even with more weight 10 years ago I didnt have these flabby arms. It must be an aging thing...

An "aging thing"?! At 30??? No. Highly unlikely. Good information has been given by the previous posters. It IS possible to not have arm jiggle by lowering your body fat and lifting weights.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You reduce jiggle by losing body fat. If you have a lot of excess skin, it will still jiggle. It is not an age thing, yet.