I finally bought some and now I need your help!

Options
kim_mc
kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
There have probably been tons of posts about this but I am going to go ahead and ask anyways!!

I bought some Protein mix last night. I just bought Body Fortress Vanilla flavor from Walmart to try out first. I would really like some recipes that are YUMMY! I don't want to go incredibly high calorie though.

What are some of your favorites?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Half cup skim milk,6 ice cubes, half a frozen banana, handfull of strawberries , scoop of powder and blend!

Also, 1/2 frozen banana and 1 TBSP peanut butter with 1/2 c milk and scoop of powder.

Both are about 280 cals, depending on the cals in your protien powder.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    the biggest loser protein is what I have it's only 50 calories per scoop. you can mix it with milk or water. I have the chocolate flavor. whatever you use put a scoop of protein in a blender throw in some berries maybe a scoop of peanut butter or a banana and some ice cubes and blend to make a smoothie. or just drink the protein in the water or milk.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't know tons of recipes i just use what I think would taste good together and go from there.
  • ShannonPuentes
    ShannonPuentes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the melaleuca Vanilla Protein shakes. I add a few fresh strawberries and blend. Pretty tasty!
  • jenjohnson19
    Options
    You can try Sugar Free Pudding powder too. Just add 1 - 2 Tsp to your shake and blend!
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have found that a little bit of extract will make a big difference in taste! This morning I mixed my vanilla protein powder with vanilla almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, 1 tsp of orange extract, and 1/2 tsp of imitation vanilla. It was delicious! The extract added so much more flavor!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Half cup skim milk,6 ice cubes, half a frozen banana, handfull of strawberries , scoop of powder and blend!

Also, 1/2 frozen banana and 1 TBSP peanut butter with 1/2 c milk and scoop of powder.

Both are about 280 cals, depending on the cals in your protien powder.
    Both of those are great ones -
    I've also tried the pudding powder, but find that often times if the protein powder is a high quality one - skim milk is all I need unless I'm TRYING to add calories - then I always add blue berries because of the anti-oxidant and great nutrient value in them...
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, lots to try out for sure!!!