This is tough

Options
Ive been very disgusted with my weight for years. I have always been obese. I cannot take it anymore but, I am scared that I will give up like I did last year. I just wanna follow thru with it and don't quit!

Replies

• Lzm89
    Lzm89 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I feel like the hardest thing is to be consistent with your lifestyle change and keep motivated . Just have to not worry of what "might" happen and focus on the everyday things. Take it day by day, prepare ahead and you will slowly stop forgetting of the time and how much you still have to accomplish and start getting use to habits that will help you reach your goals. I started in June of this year and i cannot believe I have been sticking to it for 3 months now. You are not alone. It is a daily struggle. Feel free to add me and also joining our group : Motivate. Connect. Achieve. (MCA) where you can find a lot of amazing people that can offer support. That group started from a challenge , lose 10 by October, currently we are in week 1. It's amazing how so many people have responded to it and have taken up this challenge. Hope we can serve as motivation and support. Take care of yourself.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    have you tried setting smaller goals for your self like 5 lb goals for instance if your weight is 215lbs set a goal of getting under 215, then under 210 etc etc. I know it seems like an endless journey but remember this is a lifestyle not a diet, the fact that you reached out on the forum makes me believe that you are not going to give up like you did last year. There are so many helpful people on MFP don't hesitate to reach out, I find it helps me. If there is anything I can do to help support you on this goal let me know, and trust me when I say those calories are screaming as you burn them.
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When you are really ready to lose the weight, nothing will stop you. You have to really want it though. You have to work for it. Wishing the weight would go away won't help, you have to really truly want it and be willing to work for it . We've all been there and understand that this isn't easy at all.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I know when I decided to lose weight, I was really angry with myself for letting it become such a large (no pun intended) problem.

I set a reasonable goal and over the next nine months was able to meet that goal. It probably helped that I planned and paid for a vacation involving being in a bathing suit for six days at the end of that time frame.

Just start. One day at a time make healthier choices and keep track of everything you eat here on your Food Diary page. I learned so much from studying that food diary and now nine years later I've kept the weight off and have made many healthy changes in my life.
  • Olgapeters2014
    Olgapeters2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had my first baby in December and gained a lot of lbs. I had lost 10, using this app, just before I got pregnant. Now it feels like these last 20 lbs just don't want to shed. Also heard it gets tougher after your 30. And I just turned 30!