Restarting my Weight Loss Journey.

Options
Hello my name is BK. I am trying to restart my journey to healthy eating and weight loss. It's so hard to do this again. I am at my highest weight of 285 and its affecting my body in the worst way. Need a little support and advice please. Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• cowgirlmoney
    cowgirlmoney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started there about 5 weeks ago. You can add me as a friend and we can help each other on this journey of weight loss.
  • BEARSpaternalUNIT
    BEARSpaternalUNIT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just started on Saturday, 280 lbs on the scale if I'm lucky, naked and exhaling. Ran a marathon at 185 lbs in 2012. 3 hrs 40 min.....now I'm winded tying my shoes. You will get No advice or insights from me at this point, but loads of understanding and if misery loves company ...you've got a friend.
  • adamantine_lady
    adamantine_lady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    first timer on here, currently at 205 lbs and nervous about the journey ahead. Feel free to add me :)
  • bkaustin1982
    bkaustin1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I am so nervous about this journey but I am feeling optimistic. I used to walk in marathons and do zumba. Now I can't even walk down the street with out my back and knees hurt. It's a struggle. I work in area where there is food everywhere. My co workers always want to get food. The past few days I said no. This morning one of co workers made breakfast. My plate was piled up but then I started thinking about my health. So I threw half of my plate away. I felt very proud. My co workers were happy but my fiancé was not. He said we should not waste but he will get over it. I was hurt at first but I realize this is my journey not his. I know that this was a long message but I had to vent. Thanks :smile:
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I am so nervous about this journey but I am feeling optimistic. I used to walk in marathons and do zumba. Now I can't even walk down the street with out my back and knees hurt. It's a struggle. I work in area where there is food everywhere. My co workers always want to get food. The past few days I said no. This morning one of co workers made breakfast. My plate was piled up but then I started thinking about my health. So I threw half of my plate away. I felt very proud. My co workers were happy but my fiancé was not. He said we should not waste but he will get over it. I was hurt at first but I realize this is my journey not his. I know that this was a long message but I had to vent. Thanks :smile:

I agree that we shouldn't waste food, but I think that was a big accomplishment of you to have the food on your plate and still be able to stop half-way through.

What about if you didn't pile your plate so full next time? Start off with less, and if you want more, you can always get more. If you don't want more, then you haven't had to throw any away. Best of both worlds! :smiley:

Good luck on your journey! You can do anything you set your mind to!
  • bkaustin1982
    bkaustin1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for that advice. I think my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Lol So that is what I am used to. I will try small first. Thanks again.
  • cnj27
    cnj27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I understand how you are feeling. I believe that many people don't really understand the emotional distress associated with weight loss.... In my opinion... That's the hardest part.. Good luck on ur journey and feel free to add me as a friend
  • carriebardo
    carriebardo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its definetly a journey. Ive made the commitment today to restart and try and loose ablut 50lbs. Im also looking for support so feel free to add me.
  • SheilaB368
    SheilaB368 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been at it for a week now. :)