I weight 361 and today I'm going to start my journey

Options
I know this is going to be hard, but I need to do it. I'm losing my ability to walk and to go places, cook in the kitchen, stand for 5 min n I don't like it, course I'm only 40. I know today is my first day but I wake up 12:20 pm n I need to change my way. The only good thing is I'm so excited my first gool is going to 300 n good luck to me.

Replies

• emilyp8589
    emilyp8589 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best of luck getting started. The first step is to decide it's time for change and set a manageable goal. You're off to a great start!!
  • likewhoa712
    likewhoa712 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Take one day at a time, make a plan and do your best to stick with it! You can add me as a friend if you'd like, a support team is really important during your journey (I have found)
  • LettingTheSmallStuffGo
    Options
    You can do this!! Be patient with yourself and the scale. When the scale isn't cooperating for me, I take my measurements and resolve to be even more diligent in tracking. Lots of different diets and exercise plans works. If you get bored with one thing, try another rather than stopping. I always get a lot of flack from my friends about buying exercise equipment. They call them coat hangers but the fact is I don't care if I spend $1,000 a year on equipment. My life and continued health is worth more than that!!!
  • RelevantGains
    RelevantGains Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favorite part about this is that you said you're starting today.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people say "I'm going to start Monday". I get people have lives, routines, schedules, but if something is important to you, you need to make it a priority. It seems like you are. Good on ya! :D
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Good for you to taking that first step! You got this!! :smiley:
  • taztyme2000
    taztyme2000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way I'm down 34 pounds you can do ittttt
  • sharts11
    sharts11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are beginning a life changing event. Like you, I've recently begun to take steps to improve my overall health, and life. Feel free to add me as a friend, and we can do this together! I sure can use motivation, and will do the same for you.
  • Christory
    Christory Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck. YOU CAN DO THIS! One step at a time. If this helps, this is what is working for me. My main goal was to lose 50 lbs in a year. I started January 3rd. I set my first goal at 15 lbs. Once I reached that I set me second goal at 17.2 (personal reason for that). Once that was met I am now into my final 15. I am 10.2 lbs from my 50. I, yes me, can & I will do this and so can you. As some wise person once told me (with good intentions on their part), "If you want to lose weight, stay out of the kitchen." Though you walked 993 steps that is awesome. Tomorrow strive for 1,000. Every step is a good one and before you know it you will be logging more steps than you thought possible. YOU CAN DO THIS.
  • sweetandfiestylady
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck on your journey. You can do anything you set your mind too, you got this :) be blessed
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey!
    Take it one day at a time.
  • turtlemama68
    turtlemama68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know how to friend request, but I am starting too. Send me one and we can support eachother.
    I also started a blog to chronicle my journey.

turtlemamawellness.blogspot.com

one day at a time. Be kind to yourself
  • Michelleym4
    Michelleym4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome! We can do this!!! I'm on my way to losing 120+! Down 20 so far.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    she_lived_wholly_forevermore Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You totally got this --insert excited emojis because apparently mfp won't let me--. If you're looking for friends/support feel free to add me :-).
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Your first step was realizing you needed to change and your second was joining this app so CONGRATS on that! If you log on everyday and document and weigh all your food, slowly but surely you will start to see changes and your body will thank you for it!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I started where you are. This is a highly personal journey so please give yourself a break. You got in nearly a thousand steps today!

I suggest baby goals set weekly and re-evaluate. If something is not working have a good think why and try something else. Rinse and repeat. Every day, every hour is a decision towards your health and slip ups are simply water under the bridge. Be kind to yourself.

My walking goal was 4,000 steps to start and after that failed I made it a thousand steps a day, at least six days a week. I met that so I added 10% and then 10% again. When walking got too easy I signed up for a 5 K fun walk. When those got too easy I took a running class. My mobility is returned and it is wonderful. All success to you.
  • xgirlinrecovery
    xgirlinrecovery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good luck :)
  • Beanjenk
    Beanjenk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You can do this one day at a time. Be better tomorrow then you were today that's all you can do! Are you interested in a support/accountability group?