Weight help

Options
Alright peeps. Just after abit of advice really.
I'm 5ft 7 male and weight 140 pounds which is a healthy weight. only problem is I still look like a stick.
I do go to the gym and lift, I don't do cardio cos it won't do me any favours.
I'm getting done in, and I'm getting frustrated and every time I see pictures of myself it pisses me off.

Replies

• ThatTJS
    ThatTJS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    On the basis of what you've said (ie you lift but not happy with lack of size) I'd say you aren't eating enough.

What's the food situation look like?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You are not logging food here (peaked at your diary). Have you set MFP to gain X pounds a week and if so are you tracking your weight, measurements, calories/food intake, etc.. somewhere else?

Really its pretty simple. Eat more food, continue to lift and monitor your weight and measurements. Can't get bigger if you do not eat for it!

If you have trouble meeting calories, try calorie dense foods.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    EAT PAPA EAT NOBODY LIKES A SKINNY SANTA CLAUS
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am 5'7", 165lbs (I look like C6-C7), currently cutting. I suggest you bulk up to my weight then cut back down to 150 to 155lbs to reveal muscle in all its glory (goal of B6 for me personally).
    • Google to get a TDEE estimate. TDEE = total daily energy expenditure, AKA how many calories you burn every day.
    • Slow bulk = TDEE+250 calories a day = +0.5lbs per week = +2lbs per month. Slower gains but less fat gained. Good for intermediates/advanced who are looking at a slower progression, or average guys looking to bulk before their first cut.
    • Regular bulk = TDEE+500 calories a day = +1lbs per week = +4lbs per month. Good for skinny novices, can make great size and strength gains but once you get to 15% bodyfat, go on a slow bulk (unless you are in a strength sport like football) or start cutting. Don't go higher than this, or else you gain too much fat (your body can only put on so much muscle... rest turns into fat).
    • Of course I highly recommend you are lifting during this time, so that you gain mostly muscle with minimal fat. Programs like SL, SS, ICF 5x5 are all great for novices putting on mass and strength.
    You have to count calories for this to work. Get a digital scale, a myfitnesspal account, and be consistent. Consistency >>> intensity. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Edit: Added pictures, more information
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys ain't been busy forgot to look on here. Food I'm quite good at eating but not eating enough obviously. Back in the day when I was logging in proplery (some time ago) was hitting 3000kcal quite easy. Hasn't really changed just not loging in. Got to be careful on what lifts I do, *kitten* my L5 S1 disc up these another one on its way. got to have some of it cut away love dramas.
    I try log in, need to do it really
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", 165lbs (I look like C6-C7), currently cutting. I suggest you bulk up to my weight then cut back down to 150 to 155lbs to reveal muscle in all its glory (goal of B6 for me personally).
    • Google to get a TDEE estimate. TDEE = total daily energy expenditure, AKA how many calories you burn every day.
    • Slow bulk = TDEE+250 calories a day = +0.5lbs per week = +2lbs per month. Slower gains but less fat gained. Good for intermediates/advanced who are looking at a slower progression, or average guys looking to bulk before their first cut.
    • Regular bulk = TDEE+500 calories a day = +1lbs per week = +4lbs per month. Good for skinny novices, can make great size and strength gains but once you get to 15% bodyfat, go on a slow bulk (unless you are in a strength sport like football) or start cutting. Don't go higher than this, or else you gain too much fat (your body can only put on so much muscle... rest turns into fat).
    • Of course I highly recommend you are lifting during this time, so that you gain mostly muscle with minimal fat. Programs like SL, SS, ICF 5x5 are all great for novices putting on mass and strength.
    You have to count calories for this to work. Get a digital scale, a myfitnesspal account, and be consistent. Consistency >>> intensity. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Edit: Added pictures, more information
    I'm currently 16.4 body fat