New at this

Options
So I started about two weeks ago tracking my calories and trying to be more active. When I filled in my information to get my goal calories, I said I was lightly active. I didn't do any exercise but I am a nurse. It told me I should eat 1500 calories to lose 1 lb a week. Since trying to lose weight, I started walking for 45 minutes or doing an exercise video on the days it was raining. Do I need to change my information to reflect the activity? Or should I wait another couple of weeks until I have been active longer. I should also note that I breastfeed and I have lost 5 lbs since I started two weeks ago. My diet was very unhealthy before.

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Usually people will set it to sedentary, even if you are on your feet a lot. The reasoning is sedentary is accounting for daily activites, including working. You can set it to lightly active, but if you feel like you're not losing weight like you should, then you need to set it to sedentary. You can set it as sedentary then add in your walks as exercise.
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I keep mine as lightly active, because my exercise fluctuates according to work pressures.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Activity level is based on your normal day to day activities. All intentional exercise, like your walk and video, should be logged and will bump up your calories. This is how MFP is designed. Sometimes those calorie burns for exercise can be inflated so the general consensus is to eat back a percentage.