breakfast and lunch ideas for a busy women

Options
I am not big on breakfast but I know I need to eat something. I work a lot and normally grab frozen nasty things or fast food. I'm looking for fast but healthy ideas. Thanks!!
Krissy
:)

Replies

• kuhndog61
    kuhndog61 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just have a protein shake and a piece of fruit usually. It's quick, I can take with, and meets my macros
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I often eat a granola bar for breakfast. Other people swear by overnight oats. You make a batch over the weekend. A piece of fruit is also a good choice.

Lunch -- make extra for dinner & take that.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    eggs
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I too work a lot. I exercise in the mornings, then drink coffee while I get ready, take the kids to school, and then I eat when I get to work around 8:30 or 9am. My breakfasts are usually either Greek yogurt, sometimes a parfait with granola and berries, or I really enjoy the Special K and Jimmy Dean Delights frozen breakfast options. I like the flatbread sandwiches but I really like the jimmy dean bowls with egg whites, potatoes, turkey sausage and cheese. 240 cals and 22 g of protein.

Lunch I usually eat leftovers from dinner the night before, or a frozen meal. I eat at my desk at work most days and then walk for about 20 minutes. About once a week we go out to Qdoba, Panera or a wrap place near the office.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    kipper1272 wrote: »
    I am not big on breakfast but I know I need to eat something.

If you don't like breakfast, you don't have to eat it! Throw that old rule out the window!

Personally, I love breakfast! My absolute favorite thing to have is overnight oats. Making your breakfast the night before work is a huge time saver in the morning. Make the oats in a portable container, then put the container, a spoon, and a napkin in a gallon size zip-lock baggie...in the morning you are all set to grab & go!

Hope that helps,
    Karen
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have been having a multigrain bagel for breakfast recently and that keeps me going until lunch. For lunch I like to make this chickpea salad (super easy you can google it) and stuff in pita pockets or a wrap. One batch will make three servings.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't like breakfast but feel horrible if I don't eat something - I usually just have a sandwich thin with melted cheese on it (fat + protein + carbs) and it will hold me until lunch.
  • Merrycherryo
    Merrycherryo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could bake a batch of muffins, freeze them, then grab one before you head out in the morning.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You don't need to eat anything first thing in the morning if you don't want to. It's silly to force yourself.

And technically your first meal of the day is breakfast, even if it's at 2pm. So don't feel bad, you didn't skip it. :) Just eat whenever you have an appetite.
  • 2lhasas
    2lhasas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Agree - don't eat if you aren't hungry. I like eggs for breakfast as I find protein in the morning keeps cravings at bay. You can make little egg "muffins" in a muffin pan (eggs, veggies, meat, cheese etc.) and then just warm them up in the morning. Frankly, I can whip up egg whites in about 3 minutes in the morning - about the time it takes to get all my other stuff ready to go. Lately, I've been tossing in turkey sausage crumbles and rolling them in a flatout wrap to eat in the car.

As for lunch, for me prepping is the key. I cook up some veggies and meat (usually chicken breast) on Sunday evening so I have something easy to take for lunch each day. I make sure to pack it the night before since my mornings are always a rush.
  • yogaski83
    yogaski83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too am not a fan of breakfast! For me, I need to eat in the morning. Since I love salty foods, I typically make mini smoked salmon wraps. Mini wheat tortilla, 2 oz smoked salmon, 1T cream cheese and some tomatoes or a roasted pablano pepper; which to me is such a treat in the morning since I LOVE smoked salmon, which isn’t for everyone. My other go to is an over easy egg on a whole wheat English muffin with a little avocado and half of an applegate farms chicken sausage. Both options are under 300 calories. I also snack on rice cakes and hummus while I’m working. I agree with the above poster that prepping is key for lunch. Lunches typically consist of either a soup or a salad (with low-cal dressing) with some protein leftover from the night before, maybe some elk or a turkey burger, and when I don’t have leftover I’ll heat up a few frozen applegate farms chicken tenders.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A cup of coffee with a bit of creamer. I'm not a breakfast person at all lol however I agree with: quick/overnight oats, a piece of fruit, a quick fruit smoothie or protein drink :)
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    lunchables