Looking for friends over 50 for support & motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to have more friends in my age group. I'm 58 and using MFP to keep myself on track and motivated.
  • want8me9bk
    want8me9bk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Im new to this and very much need some support! Please add me, I have just started this journey and would love to help out you all and have you all help me too? I hope you all have a great start to the week!! :)
  • kimber1366
    kimber1366 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am only 49, but please feel free to add me. I have been yoyo dieting for over 5 years. So I stopped dieting and am changing my lifestyle. Investing in myself, I got me a personal trainer and nutritionist. This time there is no failing!
  • missourinurse
    missourinurse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'll be 65 next month. I am doing the ketogenic diet and doing well with it and I truly love it. My husband has joined me and he loves it as well. We eat regular food. It is a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. I set my macro nutrients in MFP which helps me stay on track. Anyone may add me as a friend. I have an open diary.
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    52 here, started on mfp about 4 years ago and lost 51 pounds. And then gained most of it back.
    I started back here 5 weeks ago, and am definitely finding it harder to shift the weight this time around.
    I would certainly welcome some friends to help motivate and encourage me - I appreciate the effort from those that take the time to pass a comment or remind me to get off my *kitten* and move.
  • joanreneepas
    joanreneepas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join. I'm 57 and that 50+ really does make us women struggle to lose weight and keep it off. I've been a yo-yo dieter for years. I need to lose 20# right now but my goal is to keep it off. Would love a MFP diet/exercise buddy to check in with daily for shared motivation and accountability. If interested friend me. Joan
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,325 Member
    Options
    There are at least a couple of groups for 50+ or beyond here on MFP, too:

OVER 50 GROUP

Mature Adults support, motivation and sharing 55 +

I'm 60, 5'5", SW 183 in April 2015, CW/GW 120 +/- 3, maintaining since around February 2016.
  • BohemianNerd
    BohemianNerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to join. I'm 51 with 50 lbs to lose. I would love to go on this journey with others who understand how hard it can be, but believe the destination will be worth it!
  • SheilaTrueLove
    SheilaTrueLove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I am 55 and trying to lose 80 pounds. I was 288, I'm now 280. I lost 8 pounds in a month. It was no walk in the park, but this time I MUST Lose this weight. Why? Because I don't like being CONTROLLED by anyone or anything. I've got to show Food who controls who.
  • tallee
    tallee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please add me! Just turned 57 years old and put weight back on after quitting smoking and a bout of depression. I need all the support I can get, I live alone with rescue dogs.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm 52 and started on my weight loss the last week of June 2017. My sw was 237 and CW is 203. My goal is 137 so 66 lbs. to go. 1/3 of the way! I'm very happy with my progress so far. Please add me.