Insanity or Focus T25 first?

Options
olymp1a
olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
Hey all,

Quick question for those that have experience with both programs: which one is better to start with according to your opinion? Should someone start with Focus T25 first and then move to Insanity or vice versa?

I'll be finishing Cize in 3 weeks and I'm considering to start one of these 2 programs. Have them both, will do both but just wondering which one would be better first. :smile:

Replies

• Mari0810
    Mari0810 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think T25. Insanity is longer time.
  • RelevantGains
    RelevantGains Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Agreed with T25, seems like the next logical step.

Off topic, but how was Cize? Looks fun :)
  • giacomfort
    giacomfort Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Insanity has a 30 minute version. If you're a member of the streaming service beach body has the insanity max:30, which also has the extra ab workouts which are a whip. The thing is that the insanity max:30 is an additional cost outside of the included streaming library. So if you're looking at T25 vs the regular hour long insanity videos I would probably do T25 first. I guess it just depends on the length of workout and how much money you want to invest in the service or purchased dvd's. I bought the dvd's and it came with a trial membership to the on demand stuff and now I wish I had only bought the streaming service because it's cheaper.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of shape you're currently in. Insanity is tougher and longer than T25.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I started with T25, which prepared me for Insanity. I then did Insanity Max30. But I think you should start with either T25 or Max 30 if you're just starting out with exercising. Both have modifiers while the original Insanity does not.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    Agreed with T25, seems like the next logical step.

Off topic, but how was Cize? Looks fun :)

I'm almost done with week 3 and I love it. It looks and is a lot of fun but you also work out if you go hard like me. First time I do a new routine I always have some sore parts on my body :smile:

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I have the original Insanity so the logical step for me is to go with T25 first and then insanity since most of you say it's tougher.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    T25 is definitely the best choice if you're looking for a "prerequisite" to Insanity so to speak. It starts off slow, has a modifier and is only 25 minutes long. Now, it does begin to get harder as you go along. Matter of fact, I think Total Body Circuit should have been in Beta but Shaun T being Shaun T, he had to put in something tough even in the first go round. LMBO. I think you'll enjoy it, and you'll feel more prepared for Insanity or even Max 30.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Another vote for T25. I love it and have done several cycles. I'm in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy and still doing the alpha and beta speed videos every now and again. Delta almost killed me when I tried it pregnant though. Made it, oh 11 minutes? Lol
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    There's a delta? I just learned there's a gamma. Oh my!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Skip Insanity altogether, and do either Focus T25 or Insanity MAX: 30
  • ericar21
    ericar21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    t25 if you are just starting out then insanity
  • olymp1a
    Options
    Thanks guys, I started with T25 as most suggested, I am at the last day of my first week (double day) and I also do Cize and some Zumba during the week. So far it's going great! :smile: