Miracle Noodle?

Options
So on of these ads on myfitness pal is for miracle noodles. The noodle with no calorie, fat or carbs. Has anyone tried these? Would really like to know because I love me some noodle!

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

Replies

• kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    I like them! They're not as good as regular noodles... they have a chewier texture. If you cook them right, they have very little taste, but they do smell a bit when you first open them. A lot of people can't get past that initial fishy smell. It's worth a shot - hey, it's no cals!
  • StephanieBridge1281
    Options
    I personally think that Miracle Noodles are no miracle!! I tried them a few times and didn't care for the smell or the texture of the noodle!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I've gotten them before. I like their angel hair ones...I got a variety pack once, and wasn't a big fan of the other types of noodles. I just didn't have as much as a use for the other noodles. But they have some that you can use as a rice replacement too. They are definitely different texture, kind of rubbery. But they taste pretty good in like stir-frys etc, because they have no flavor of their own, and taste like whatever you put them in.

You can also get them at Asian markets usually as Shirataki Noodles. But I think Miracle noodle bags theirs differently, or pre-washes them because the fish odor the noodles can have is not as bad from Miracle noodle. (The ones I ordered didn't have an odor at all)
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have a package in my pantry. I haven't been brave enough to try them yet...LOL
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i actually just bought some and am awaiting their arrival.

i'm gluten intolerant so i haven't had a REAL noodle in years... so i don't imagine texture will be an issue for me :) and i've read that they pick up the flavor of the sauce or the seasonings. so as long as they taste like marinara or garlic, works for me!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    With pasta sauce they taste great, very much like regular noddles. Plain, not so much ha ha
    But I think they are worth it to get in a pasta fix AND they are gluten free which I need for my son. So as a gluten free pasta I give them 3 1/2 stars. :flowerforyou:

They also have rice FYI
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I tried kelp noodles with no calories and they didn't have a taste but were crunchy and I just couldn't get past the thought of kelp so then I tried shirataki with 40 calories a pack and they smelled at first but I rinsed, warmed up, and patted dry the noodles, put chicken and parmesan cheese with a little of the lauhging cow cheese and they taste exactly like what I put with it. They soak up the flavor of your other food. My two year old ate over half the plate, the only thing that stopped him from eating all of it was the fact that I wanted to have at least 3 bites of my meal. I got the noodles at the health food store for like $1.60 a pack.
  • Belocin1
    Belocin1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    never tried them but it worth a shot. For now i just i eat the regular noodle and if i want a big portion i have only fruit for breakfast with alot of water and eat for lunch not dinner.