I'M STILL DOING IT!

Options
I started my journey weighing 207 in December of 2014 and wearing size 18 and 2XL tops and shirts. Now at 140.2 I am wearing size 5 underwear, size 6 pants and small shirts, sometimes a medium depending on style. I'm loving shopping again. I'd go shopping before, and I wouldn't come home with anything!! I've done it all without exercise. Now that I'm getting my body fixed so that I can, I hope it's not too late to take care of all this hanging skin. Not Good! I know I won't get rid of some of it I'm 60. Not sure where to start, should I go to a gym, should I use all the exercise equipment in my basement. Probably. If I just had a little fairy on my shoulder telling me to get down there and get started exercising. Oh well..........

Replies

• lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll be the little fairy on the shoulder! Congrats on your weight loss and now get down there and get started exercising! You will definitely notice the difference!
  • Redheadsmission
    Redheadsmission Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! look what you have accomplished already. Well done!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What about kettlebells?
  • barbm04
    barbm04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to reach 140? I started at at the same weight you did. I am now 192 and want to get to 150. Congratulations! I worry about the skin too. I am 67. I am doing weight lifting for my arms. Not sure what else to do. Can we see some pictures? Keep up the good work!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    <3 Congratulations on your weight loss @Jodyogrady.

A little fairy is also saying...

Now is the time to start lifting some weights or doing a bodyweight routine. As we get older sarcopinia (muscle loss) can really affect our everyday lives. As can loss of bone density.

Below are 2 programmes that will get you started. I'm 63 now and did both of them before I started a heavy lifting programme last year.
    @barbm04 you may want to look at them too. Structured programmes often give better results.

As we age we also need more protein to help in muscle retention. I aim for .8g per lbs LBM.

Fats are good too. Nutrient absorption can decline as we age, fats can help with this and other bodily functions.

Do you do any cardio?
    Walking, swimming, Aqua fit, and Zumba Gold are all good low impact exercise.

Here are a couple of programmes. As with any exercise routine start slow and light. Getting your form correct is inportant for injury prevention.

Body weight:-
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Beginners weights:-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bhE67HuDY

For if you are ready to start lifting heavy things read through these programmes:-

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Cheers, h.
    Sorry had to keep editing so I could add links on my phone. :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!