myfitnesspal PREMIUM

Options
Hey Everyone,

Is it worth the $50 a year to get the upgrade to the premium?
I enjoy this simple app and don't want to be too confused.
Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I don't have it, and I won't pay it.
    To me, It is too expensive.
    They are cutting their nose off in spite of their face!
    Meaning, if they would drop the cost, probable tens of thousands, or more people would buy it, even if was to just lose the ads.
    I remember when it didn't have all these ads, then it was bought out, and feel they just got too greedy....in my opinion.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I can think of better ways to spend $50; like the new top & pants I bought today on sale for under $30.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The benefits are basically that you can set your macros by grams rather than percentages, and have different calorie goals per day. It's up to you whether these are worth paying for.

Things they toted it did but it doesn't really have -Premium Content - it's a total crock. Exclusive recipes, my butt. They updated it once a few months ago with 6 recipes, haven't updated it since, and made it public anyway.

It's the same food database, same forums, and from what I've read the "premium tech support" just means you get the same crappy emails in reply when you report an issue, you just get them faster.

Just read the features carefully before you commit. You see a lot of threads of people saying "I paid for premium and it doesn't do XY and Z!" and MFP never said it did.
  • phenomenal_woman2016
    Options
    Thank you for all your comments!
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I liked it. But its true what they said above, are those things worth it to YOU?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!