Made my goal: Overweight before I turn 40

Options
kajorma
kajorma Posts: 23 Member
Last Thanksgiving, I weighed in at 284. I looked it up on the BMI scale and found out that that's Severely Obese.
Since then, I have lost roughly 1 pound a week (total of 45 pounds) and just crossed the barrier into "Overweight"
I'm not sure where I'm going from here. I guess I'll try to get 10 more pounds before New Year's.
Wish me luck. :smile:

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hip, Hip, and Hooray! Now that you know how to do it, keep doing it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep going! You'll have a great New Year's celebration to look forward to.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You've made it this far, so you definitely know how to finish the job! Great work!!
  • sohifirefly
    sohifirefly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You can do it :-)
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well done! You'll be celebrating crossing into the 'normal' bmi next! That's my next goal. :)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya but ONE pound from the overweight category. I turn 40 in one month. I know I can lose one pound in one month but bittersweet that it's so close and I'm kind of in a plateau right now.
    CONGRATULATIONS on your success and enjoy your journey! You should wake up proud every single day! Best of luck!
  • shelleyann1976
    shelleyann1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! I am just starting and 1 lb a week seems so tedious, but if I had stuck to a plan to lose 1 lb a week 10 years ago, I would have spent the last 9.5 years at goal weight instead of heavier than I like to be. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job! Doesn't sound like you need luck because you've acquired the skill to do it!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! Keep it up-you will hit your goal soon :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I've gone from obese to overweight. 6 more lbs and I'm in the healthy range.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!