Need support. I've been exercising an hour a day and diet 6 days a week last 3 months :(

Options
adanivia1
adanivia1 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Just can't seem to get rid of 10 lbs I do everything exercise my butt off an hour to an hour and a half a day 6 days a week and my diet is 1000 calories to 1200 and I'm maintaining and it's so frustrating some days I want to give up. Dr says im going thru menopause hormone changes...uggh Any ideas and support or friends is needed ...Thank you ♡

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 7?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Menopause. Been there.

How sure are you of your calorie counts? Did your doctor have any suggestions? Did he check your thyroid?
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed any difference in how you look, how your clothes fit? 10lbs could be coming off slowly but you might not notice in in actual weight difference.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    adanivia1 wrote: »
    Just can't seem to get rid of 10 lbs I do everything exercise my butt off an hour to an hour and a half a day 6 days a week and my diet is 1000 calories to 1200 and I'm maintaining and it's so frustrating some days I want to give up. Dr says im going thru menopause hormone changes...uggh Any ideas and support or friends is needed ...Thank you ♡

If you're maintaining your weight than what's going on is some combination of Day 7 is wiping out your deficit and/or you are actually eating more than you think on days 1-6. Or your exercise burns are way off. But the usual answer is cheat days and/or eating more than you think.

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Agreed.

@adanivia1, how are you validating the calories you are logging on days 1 - 6? Are you using a food scale or eyeballing portions? How are you validating the calories you're burning during your exercise? Are you entering those calories into MFP and then eating them all back? What are you eating on day 7? Are you tracking on that day at all or just eating whatever you want and possibly enough to wipe out the deficit you created on days 1 -6?

If you're maintaining your weight then your calories in are equaling your calories out. That's simply how it works. At the very least you know what you need to do to maintain your weight, now you need to dig in a figure out where your calorie amounts are off so you can lose what you want to lose.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can't believe anyone on 1000 calories a day plus exercising an hour to hour and a half isn't in a deficit.
    And 1000 calories??? How are u surving lol If you've been on that for 3 months your body prob starving n holding onto any food and metabolism slowed due to low food intake.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

How are you measuring your calories in? Are you making eyeball estimates or using a food scale? I have a feeling you are eating more than you think you are. If you eating more calories you burn you're not going to lose weight.
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Have you tried strength training? Yoga? Cut back on carbs? Low carbs...no pasta, bread, rice...up healthy fats and lean meats.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Neanbean13 wrote: »
    I can't believe anyone on 1000 calories a day plus exercising an hour to hour and a half isn't in a deficit.
    And 1000 calories??? How are u surving lol If you've been on that for 3 months your body prob starving n holding onto any food and metabolism slowed due to low food intake.

Starvation mode is a myth.