Fitbit wristband - your experience

Options
Lara_z
Lara_z Posts: 94 Member
edited August 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm considering buying one and wanted to know if any of you have used it and how effective you have found it.
Please feel free to share pros and cons. Thanks.

Replies

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Been using for bit since 2014, started with a flex now have a charge hr. I really like mine.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I cannot speak for the "Fitbit" side of things. Due to the fact I have a Garmin... but the idea is the same. It's reminder to be active, and keeps you walking/moving. When you get enrolled in different challenges with friends, family and fellow MFPers you'll find new ways to keep yourself moving through the day.
  • Kristeenewd
    Kristeenewd Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love my Alta. It provides a lot of motivation!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love my Alta too..
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Charge HR and just upgraded a couple of months ago to a Blaze. Love them. Very motivating and I'm finding mine accurate. Well worth the investment.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Loved my Fitbit Charge HR....until it quit talking to my phone and now it is madly frustrating....can't get it to resync :s
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I use a Fitbit and find it motivating to use as a tracker. I will say the band itself gave me a rash and I stopped using it for awhile but I have recently started again and so far I'm doing okay with it. I think moisture is a big factor.

I also use the Health app on my iPhone to track my steps and I think it's awesome too but definitely more conservative with the steps since you have to be carrying your phone with you at all times.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Love my blaze. It's really helpful in keeping me on track with my steps, as well as it keeps me pushing through my workouts to see if I can burn a bit more calories than the day before
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I have the Surge (got it because I needed the HRM and the GPS tracking for running) and I love it! It has been helping me a lot and I found some friends to do challenges which keeps me motivated.

I would suggest to go for one with a heart rate monitor if your pocket allows it as this way the calories burnt will be more accurate. It's abit more expensive but consider it an investment to yourself. :smile:
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've had a jawbone, garmin and now use an Apple Watch. The step tracking didn't do much of anything for me personally. I love my Apple Watch. I pair it with a BT heart rate monitor for my workouts and it's very effective. On top of the smart watch functions it has become an essential part of my daily routine. It's expensive but to me worth it, my wife got it on sale at Christmas for $250 so not extreme.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have had a fit bit for 3-1/2 years. First a One, then a Force (recalled) and now a Charge HR for just over a year.
    It is, and has been, the single, best, motivator to get me to move more. It is a good part of the reason that I have lost over 1/2 of my current body weight, and that I have kept it off for almost 3 years. I absolutely love mine, and will not be without one. I am contemplating getting a Blaze. For anyone like me, who's exercise is step based, I highly recommend fit bit.
    Fit Bit's customer service is exceptional!