I need protein!

Options
Okay, I have been doing 2-a-days and was wondering what the best type of protein drinks/powder is the most tasteful and nutritious, based on your experiences. I am only allotted a 1200 calorie diet as well and try my best not to eat my exercise calories. Some of those drinks can get high, loaded with unneeded sugars, etc. Based on the prices online, I can NOT afford Shakeology. I've tried a simple google search but there are just so many options, and "meal replacement" drinks....

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Replies

• jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    crysal light banana and strawberry hungry control it helps with protein and fiber but help huger too.... good luck
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a "2-a-day" is. Does that prevent you from getting protein from natural foods? Why not just eat some meat, nuts or beans?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been doing 2-a-days and was wondering what the best type of protein drinks/powder is the most tasteful and nutritious, based on your experiences. I am only allotted a 1200 calorie diet as well and try my best not to eat my exercise calories. Some of those drinks can get high, loaded with unneeded sugars, etc. Based on the prices online, I can NOT afford Shakeology. I've tried a simple google search but there are just so many options, and "meal replacement" drinks....

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Why would you try not to eat your exercise calories, you are supposed to in order to meet your weekly weight loss goal, otherwise you might not be fueling your body properly.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a "2-a-day" is. Does that prevent you from getting protein from natural foods? Why not just eat some meat, nuts or beans?

*S* this

plus... why are you not eating your exerise calories? or at least some/1/2 of them?
    that IS how mfp is set up, with a built in deficit before exercise, so any exercise you get needs to be eaten for continued body health and function
    (just curious)
  • tgbz86
    tgbz86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best: http://www.chocmilkdiet.com Plus you can get a free sample before you buy a larger quantity.

I really like the GNC 95% Soy Protein, but as a pescatarian (vegetarian), I don't need any more soy in my diet, so I need to stop using it. I tried the GNC Whey Protein but hated it because of the fake sugar aftertaste! Be sure you're getting protein from various sources though, you need ALL the amino acids. (egg whites, nuts, greek yogurt, low-fat dairy, legumes, meat, fish,etc).
  • irishlad57
    Options
    I have been using Gold Standard Whey by Optimum Nutrition for years. In my opinion it tastes the best and mixes easily. One scoop has 24 g of protein, 3 g of carbs, and 120 calories. You can find it on line at most nutrition stores for about $44.00 for a 5 pound tub that has 74 servings. On a side note if your doing 2 a days with only 1200 calories your going to burn out. Don't feel guilty eating some of your exercise calories because your body needs the extra food. I tried doing this and felt like I was starving to death.

5613794.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods