I can't do it !!!!!!

This is the time I get so hungry!!! But I need to be strong and stay in my bed!!!!! My first of many days feel hungry

Replies

• theraflu1
    theraflu1 Posts: 2 Member
    Drink some ice cold water!
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Do you have any calories left over? If so, eat them

If not, maybe try saving some calories for before bed. I always felt more hungry at night so saved my calories for late in the day. For example, if I'm allotted 2400 calories I may only eat 1000 during the day and use the other 1400 right before bed. This way I go to sleep full and content.

Don't believe the myths that eating before bed causes weight gain. It comes down to calories. As long as you eat less then you burn then you will lose weight. Meal timing is irrelevant
  • xiomaraleyva
    xiomaraleyva Posts: 6 Member
    I thought u couldn't get after 7:00!!!Anyways I am going to try it to tomorrow !!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited August 2016
    I thought u couldn't get after 7:00!!!Anyways I am going to try it to tomorrow !!
    I'll second that when you eat makes no difference for weight loss.

I don't like going to bed hungry so I'm glad that eating late isn't an impediment.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member

It makes absolutely no difference when you eat. Your body can't see the clock. I frequently eat after 9pm and I've lost 100lbs.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    edited August 2016
    It makes not one lick of difference when you eat.

Think about it logically. If you couldn't lose weight eating after a certain time, how would people who work night shift or non-standard hours cope? What about people who jetset around? Change timezones frequently?

I'm in Australia, many of the people on MFP right now are in America. It's 5:14pm here and 12:14am in Los Angeles. What could their bodies do doing differently to mine right now? If I flew to America, would my body work on Australian time or American time?

It just doesn't make sense, when you think about it. It's hard enough to change habits and lose weight with fact. Don't let yourself get dragged down by the myths.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Yes finally people speak sense. Same as 'no carbs after 6' or metabolic Windows only n hour after training etc... urgh
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Do drink water before you eat.

Pack some low cal snacks in your house & get rid of the fattening ones. That way when you are hungry you eat a piece of fruit instead of a piece of cake
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    I tell myself when I'm hungry that fat is dissolving.. helps me get through windows of hunger..which isn't the worst thing in the world.
    When did we start thinking we should never ever be hungry? Being hungry and hour before you eat or during the middle of the night is natural. This is what I tell myself.. i'm not "starving" or have no hope of food in sight. We need to retrain this entitled attitude that we should never ever experience hunger.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member

That is complete nonsense. Stop starving yourself and eat at whatever times feel most comfortable to you.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Eat a snack before bed. Definitely. Who wants to go to bed hungry? Just work it into your calorie allotment. It doesn't matter what time you eat.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member

It makes absolutely no different what time you eat. Let's look at why you are so hungry though this late at night. How many calories are you consuming daily? How aggressive is your weight loss a week goal? How many grams of protein, fat and fiber are you taking in?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    IT IS ALL ABOUT TIMING!
    Let's see all of your six packs.

Oops! Mine is home in the fridge.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes you can. Stop listening to the woo and follow sound evidence-based advice. Meal timing does not matter in most contexts. I heavily weight my eating to later in the day the vast majority of the time. To give you an idea, I generally eat only about 300 calories late morning, eat around 600 late lunch, and then have dinner sometime before I got to bed. On a 2000 calorie diet that means my dinner is around 1100 calories (more if I've exercised enough to earn more). Many skip breakfast altogether and don't eat until much later in the day.

The point is to find a method that works for you, and once you dial that in and see the weight coming off to stick with it.

There are many successful people in here. Please listen to us and work to be successful. You owe it to yourself.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    IT IS ALL ABOUT TIMING!

Oops! Mine is home in the fridge.

lol, right? I'll stick with science and advice from PhD level trainers such as Aragon and Helms.

OP - to avoid confusion, meal timing may matter to the very lean and athletes who need to time their carbs and other intake to maximize performance. It does not matter to the average dieter who simply wants to improve health and get more fit. Context also matters here. For example, carbs are essential at bedtime for many marathoners who are running the next morning. I also consume carbs on Friday nights because I exercise legs on Saturday mornings. I tend to do the same with Tuesday lunches or eat more in the evenings when I get home because my second weekly legs workout is on Tuesday evenings, and I like the energy boost. In the context of the OP worrying whether she can eat after 7:00pm and not ruin her diet it's completely irrelevant.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    cico may be good for weight loss but not for muscle building and looking "toned"

Maybe I missed it but where did OP state that she wants to build muscle and look toned?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    IT IS ALL ABOUT TIMING!

You first. I only see, at most, 4 on your avatar.

OP, as people have said, it doesn't matter when you eat. If you know you'll be hungry at a certain, plan to eat something then and make sure to log it. Me, I know I'm going to need something in the afternoon, so I pre-log my 10-14 grams of chocolate coffee beans in the morning.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    cico may be good for weight loss but not for muscle building and looking "toned"
    you must hit your macros and time your CARBS accordingly. You need carbs for energy, why the hell would you eat carbs before bed? why do you need energy to go to sleep?

That'a because, for the most part, weight loss and muscle building are mutually exclusive