OMG...my family doctor passed away!!

Options
fitchick99
fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
I'm so sad, I just received an email that my family doctor, Dr. Wolos, passed away last friday in a tragic accident, he was hit head on by a via rail train, the car exploded and his body was burned beyond recognition, this is horrific, he's been my family doc since I was 4! He delivered all but 1 one my children, he attended my eldest sons grade 12 graduation....my son was his 1000th delivery ...I can't imagine what his family must be going through, it's funny how we have a love for a great family doc, I feel like i've lost a best friend! With so many children I seemed to have always been at his office, you get to know the family, his kids, it's so very sad.

Replies

• fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad, I just received an email that my family doctor, Dr. Wolos, passed away last friday in a tragic accident, he was hit head on by a via rail train, the car exploded and his body was burned beyond recognition, this is horrific, he's been my family doc since I was 4! He delivered all but 1 one my children, he attended my eldest sons grade 12 graduation....my son was his 1000th delivery ...I can't imagine what his family must be going through, it's funny how we have a love for a great family doc, I feel like i've lost a best friend! With so many children I seemed to have always been at his office, you get to know the family, his kids, it's so very sad.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. :flowerforyou:

Please stay strong though & don't fall back into any old bad habits. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: So sorry to hear this.

I'll keep your family and his in my prayers. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    That's just awful! I'm sorry for you, and sooo very sorry for your Dr's family! :cry:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your family doctor. How horrible!! My prayers are with you and also his family. :flowerforyou:
  • tleez22
    tleez22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is so sad. My deepest sympathies. I remember when my childhood pediatrician passed away, I was devastated. But remember that he would be very proud of you for taking your weightloss seriously, so keep up the good work and make him proud.
  • fitsexymom
    fitsexymom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, yeah... I'm sorry about that. That's just very sad. Really..