Wii is kicking my butt.

Options
i'll admit it.. i hate exercise... but we just got a wii, and i'm having so much fun playing it that i wasn't really thinking of the calorie burning potential it has. I've been playing tennis on it, and finally decided to look up the calories burned.. 92 calories per 15 min. session. not bad! and you do actually have to get up off your butt and move.. fast! i'm a sweaty mess, but i'm having fun.. woo hoo!

Replies

• DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i'll admit it.. i hate exercise... but we just got a wii, and i'm having so much fun playing it that i wasn't really thinking of the calorie burning potential it has. I've been playing tennis on it, and finally decided to look up the calories burned.. 92 calories per 15 min. session. not bad! and you do actually have to get up off your butt and move.. fast! i'm a sweaty mess, but i'm having fun.. woo hoo!
  • smendek910
    Options
    Hi DeannaK - I also have a Wii and LOVE playing tennis, either with my fiance (I kick his butt) or against the game itself. It really gives you a good workout without knowing that you're really working out. Have you tried the boxing yet? It's hard when you're out of shape.....:yawn:
  • DeannaK
    Options
    Hi DeannaK - I also have a Wii and LOVE playing tennis, either with my fiance (I kick his butt) or against the game itself. It really gives you a good workout without knowing that you're really working out. Have you tried the boxing yet? It's hard when you're out of shape.....:yawn:

i did the boxing, but only during the "fitness training" portion.. and yes.. it's very hard when you're out of shape! and i probably looked like a complete freak.. not at all graceful :) i'll just have to keep working at it :)
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Is there an actual calorie count for the Wii/Wii fit games?
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options

Hi, I love the Wii too! Yesterday, I treated myself and bought the new DDR game, Hottest Party 2 :smile: . It was so much fun, I couldn't stop! The time flew by, and when I realized I had been dancing for 2 hours :noway: I finally stopped. Today, I'm very sore :laugh:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii, too! Where did you find how many calories you burned???
  • DeannaK
    Options
    I love my Wii, too! Where did you find how many calories you burned???

This is the site I found info: http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/wii-calories.htm

But it depends on how vigorously you are playing.. obviously, if you are sitting on the couch, you will not be burning near as many calories. I will say, that I was definitly moving around and could feel my heart pounding in my chest and had broken quite a sweat by the time i was done playing. So the more you move, the more you burn. 92 calories IF you are playing hard.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    where do you buy your wii stuff? do you think it is safe to buy it on ebay?
    I don't have one, but I want one, so that's why I'm reading this thread and asking about it.. there are so many accessories, it's hard to know where to start!!