Crazy teacher/ student/ researcher

Options
Hi, guys!

I'm a crazy teacher/ student/ researcher, and my life's pretty hectic... but I love it!
As it turns out, I don't actually have a lot of 'me' time... but I think I should.
I'm trying to lose 20 kg (45+ lbs), and I've already lost 20 kg... but it actually took me 9 years.
Yes, I know, it's a lot of time, but it's not like I don't try hard. I do, honestly.
So, there you go... I love what I do, and I only wish people wouldn't look at me as if I were some retard just because I'm overweight.
I count on you guys to help me out here, and I'll promise I'll be here for you too!

Big kiss!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CatarinaF
    CatarinaF Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys!

I'm a crazy teacher/ student/ researcher, and my life's pretty hectic... but I love it!
    As it turns out, I don't actually have a lot of 'me' time... but I think I should.
    I'm trying to lose 20 kg (45+ lbs), and I've already lost 20 kg... but it actually took me 9 years.
    Yes, I know, it's a lot of time, but it's not like I don't try hard. I do, honestly.
    So, there you go... I love what I do, and I only wish people wouldn't look at me as if I were some retard just because I'm overweight.
    I count on you guys to help me out here, and I'll promise I'll be here for you too!

Big kiss!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I know how you feel, just because a person maybe on the chunky side doesn't mean they don't have a brain!!!:grumble:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. :drinker:
  • fitsexymom
    fitsexymom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we can't control what other people do or say...

And we as a people are motivated by pain/pleasure... We like that which brings us pleasure and dislike that which brings us pain...

Unfortunately, exercise and eating right require discipline, which can be painful to master at the beginning. But guess what? YOU CAN DO THIS! You can do ANYTHING you want!

We're here for you! This site is great! I've also lost a lot of weight and it wasn't easy. I slipped up on a weekly basis and fell into what I call "funks" but I made friends with others who had already lost weight and they kept me accountable and now I'm LOVING the new me and the better eating choices I make. Plus, it's fun to shop in size 10 and not 18! :0)

If you have a facebook account, let me know! I have a bunch of friends on there and we're all on the same train! Losing weight and keeping each other accountable.

Good luck to you! I'm here if you want to talk!
  • CatarinaF
    CatarinaF Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

Thank you, you're SO supportive!
    That's really sweet!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    as a newbie i reckon this site is great

good luck
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.