banana split yes or no????

Options
how13
how13 Posts: 45 Member
Greetings

I have been on mfp since may 21,2011... I have been eating alot more food than I ever have eaten..I do my best to stay close to the

Number of cals. I have lost 17lbs in 7 weeks. Then I started wanting some sweet foods.

At 1st I was over, then I just plan in foods, that I really want(sweet or not ) , and its like the light went on in my head. This

has worked for me . I have planned cheesecake,and yes the banana split into daily food tracker and still within my cals. I hope

this will help others. any comments??

Replies

• chloemeow
    chloemeow Posts: 71
    Options
    even if the bad foods are still within your calorie intake, remember they can still be high in sugar or high in fat, and that can stop you from losing weight even if its into your calorie intake, try and have something sweet (but not too big) once a week, or once a fortnight, so your cravings dont take over you :)
  • Smile75058
    Options
    If you deny yourself sweets all together you will just slip back into your old habbits....I recommend vegan ice cream instead of regular ice cream (chocolate soy and mudpie are my favorites and actually rich enough to where you don't eat the whole thing...and I used to eat a gallon of icecream a day, now a pint of vegan chocolate soy or mudpie is unfinishable....just sayin) so in moderation.....also most vegan/organic cookies/treats are MUCH less in calories....I have a recipe for 61 calorie choco-chip cookies if you want.....they're not as good as regular (baked goods never really are), BUT....they are the snack that if you have just 1 it won't kill you, and they are fairly healthy too....also I recommend blueberries (frozen are cheaper and just as healthy and good)....blueberries will actually help you loose weight and control your sweet tooth

In short, if you have a banna split:
    use blueberries/berries in general instead of bananas (bananas are one of the highest calorie fruits)
    use vegan icecream (you can find it in the health foods section of any Kroger...or at local health food stores...it's like $4, but it's SO worth it...and I'm a low income family member saying that! =) so no excuses)
    make your own syrup or buy some without high fructose corn syrup in it (just melt some chocolate on the stove
    and you'll be ok and cut the calories into 1/2 if not a 1/4 as well as increase the health benifits and help your sweet tooth. =) Hope this helped (I've studied nutrition most of my life...I'm here to keep myself accountable).....stay strong do this for you...you only get one body so take care of it....
    peace and hugs =)<3
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Just because you stay within your calorie goal doesn't mean what you are eating isn't going to make you gain weight, stop losing weight, have high cholesterol, elevated blood sugar, or swelling due to too much sodium. You have to look at more than calories. This is an overall lifestyle change...That is why MFP allows you to see things such as carbs, sugar, fat, sodium, cholesterol, etc. I could eat pure lard every day but just eat 1199 calories worth and stay under my calorie limit. However, I would have to pay the consequences. Eating a small slice of cheesecake or a small banana split maybe once a month or something is fine. But if you are eating that way even a few times a week, regardless if you stay under your calorie goal...you are not doing yourself any favors. Pay attention to all the nutrition categories, not just calories.
  • how13
    how13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for all the input. It has helped me!!!!!