30 day shred

Options
KQmom
KQmom Posts: 29 Member
I'm going to try it!! The success stories and pics are amazing!! I was wondering if I should get 3# or 5# weights? I work out 3 times a week and have been working my arms a little every time, but I still have weak arms... I'm thinking 3#, but I do want the awesome results I've been seeing...suggestions? And please post your results here to inspire me!!! Thanks!!!

Replies

• rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think 3Ib...I'm on level 3 right now and anything more than 3lb at some points would be really rough. There are lots of repetitions, so the 3lbs will help you tone even if they initially seem too light. My sister started with 5lb weights and had to move to 3lbs.
  • ymbarber
    ymbarber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used 4# on my second round and one 8# for a lift in level 3 ... start with 3# and upgrade when you are ready.
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also started with 5lb weights and am now using 3lb weights (I'm on L2D5). But there are a few moves that I should use the 5lb weights for, and some that make me want to put down my 3lb weights!

It is definitely a workout but I always feel great when I finish each day!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    For sure the 3lb weights. You'll really tone your arms with them. Good luck.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting weights at the gym for over a year and did 5# weights but toward the end of the shred, when you do the lateral arm raises, they were just too much and I had to lift one with both hands. If your arms tend to be weak, I would stick with the 3# for now.
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use 3, 5, 8 and sometimes a 10. The 10 I use for the overhead press though.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i started the 30 day shred last month, and i started with 2 pound weights (from walmart) because i don't have a much upper body strength. i'm glad i did, the first circuit of level one let me know that i couldn't have done anything higher until i am stronger. they may not seem like a lot when you are doing arm curls, but there are lots of moves in the video where i am super glad i started with the 2 lbs. once i am through all 3 levels with 2 lbs, and have built up some upper body strength, i will start over with more weight .
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I used 5lb, it does get hard when you have to do jumping jacks with them. :S Buy 3lbs that is what they use on the dvd. I used the 5lb becasue i have two sets of 5 and a 10lb and i dont think i need 3lbs sitting around too. You can always do the soup cans for a big and then switch to the 5lb weights half way through a level.
  • lisawmyers
    Options
    I started out with 5# and then had to go and buy 3#. 5# was just too much for some of the exercises. I'd say start with 3# and if gets too easy then go to 5#. Good Luck! It really does work.
  • KQmom
    KQmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!! I think I'll get both 3# and 5# and alternate for the different exercises... I'm excited to get my *kitten* kicked by Jillian!! :)