Best workouts

Options
I am looking for a very effective, more intense type of workout that will not absolutely drain me financially...any suggestions on the best workout systems you have tried?

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam! My favorite!!
  • kldobbs02
    kldobbs02 Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you... but that is a fab question! I've been trying to figure it out myself!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    go to youtube, and type in Tabata. That will give you tons of ideas, and don't require a lot of equipment.
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    walking it is free... and as u lose weight u can start running..
  • speckwood
    speckwood Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba, sometime the are at local churches or at community centers for 3-5 dollars for 1 hour workout. Its lots of fun.
  • rn_jacki
    rn_jacki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam and P90X too, but anything through Beach Body is pretty expensive. My new favorite is Jillian Michels 30 Day Shred. It is quite intense, cheap (less than $15), and all you need are handweights at home. My favorite part, it's only a total of 30 minutes for working out :-) Good luck!
  • PhilBlock
    PhilBlock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    what are your fitness/health goals and what's your budget?
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian DVD's :) $10 for an AWESOME workout!!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My mother in law lost all her weight using a rebounder - one of those mini-trampolines. It cost her about £20 I think and she dropped 4 stone, which is just under 60lbs. Or, as someone else said, walking is an amazing workout and it's free...but not so good in the dark or when it's raining :)
  • melissabranscom
    Options
    I love the Zumba classes. You sweat, sweat, sweat! I also like the "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels. They work..
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is 20 minutes, 10 bucks, and is awesome.
  • jcaa2011
    jcaa2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought the 30 day shred with Jillian, just wondering how well it actually works if you stick with it and everything.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought the 30 day shred with Jillian, just wondering how well it actually works if you stick with it and everything.

I lost 11 inches I think it really works, and that's that I didn't do it the whole month :(

Good luck! and like someone said the road is always free :) heard great things about C25K!
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I lost 11 inches I think it really works, and that's that I didn't do it the whole month :(

Good luck! and like someone said the road is always free :) heard great things about C25K!

This might be a dumb question, but what is C25K? I see it all over the place, I just can't put two and two together!!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    www.c25k.com

There you go :smile:

and its free :wink:

and it works :happy:
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    lol now it makes sense!! Thank you :)