I've Found That...

Options
I don't know if anyone else does this. But, I have found that by planning my meals a few days ahead... Has helped me stay on track & accountable for what I eat. It also HELPS me make sure I am getting all the vitamins and nutrition I need. That way I KNOW I am eating healthier.

Maybe I am silly for doing that... OR for POSTING this. But I thought maybe sharing this could help someone else too.

Hope that's ok.

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think that's absolutely a great idea and the best way to stay on track!! Some people will probably benefit from hearing that people do this and how they (you) get it done!
  • rn_jacki
    rn_jacki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree. I typically plan our family dinners consistently and am pretty boring in my breakfast selections, so I usually add both breakfast and dinner to my diary in the morning so I can plan the perfect lunch and snacks as a balance. It also helps me formulate how much of a workout I need (for the extra calories).
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It helps me too.

I also log my exercise before I do it on those days when I don't do it right away. People on MFP congratulate me on the burn so I think, well I can't disappoint them, and off to exercise I go.
  • KEMerriman
    KEMerriman Posts: 14
    Options
    I have recently received this advice from a friend of mine and I am gonna start doing it. It is actually on my to do list for today. It is nice to hear that it is working for you
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started doing the same thing and it has helped me. It takes me around 30 minutes to fall asleep once in bed. While waiting for slumberland, I upload everything I am going to eat the following day for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I leave dinner open as I enjoy a bit of spontaneity :)
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    oh hell yeah..... the days i dont plan i end up eating WAAYYYYY to many calories ..